Jordan Leen vs. Spencer Manley

dragonwrestler

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They can't name them. The score was 6-1 and if they wrestled again today Kyle would win 10-1 if Cordell would actually wrestle. I have watched Cordell for 3 years now and he is a staller. He can not wrestle on his feet. That is why he is no longer in Kyle's league. Cordell has Logsdon in his corner so he gets the benefit of the doubt in Chattanooga and does not get called for stalling. He stalls more than any state champion I have ever seen, and he will continue to do it until someone breaks him of that habit. I guess if you can get away with it, then why not do it. It is just a testament of how good Kyle really is. It is one thing to beat a good wrestler, but you have to be awesome to beat a good staller.

Just an opinion on Leen and Manley:

Leen wins because he has the range, and will keep Manley from his front head lock. In most matches that I see Manley in he is one dimensional with the front head lock, which is deadly. I really don't think Manley can get this on Leen because Leen uses low singles which front head locks can't be applied. Plus, Leen is so much more of a technician than Manley, and this will certainly give Leen the advantage.

From Wrestling USA Magazine

BEST 2004 HIGH SCHOOL ALL-CLASS RANKINGS

By Dan Fickel

National Editor

Updated 11-8-03

Editor's Note: Here are rankings of the Nation's Best 2004 High School Wrestlers. These rankings represent wrestlers regardless of year in school. Several factors were considered in determining these rankings. They include: (1) accomplishments at the state high school championships (folkstyle) (2) National Junior Freestyle and Greco-Roman success (3) Cadet National placement (4) performances at prestigious high school tournaments (5) information from coaches and parents (6) state from which nominees hail. An update will be forthcoming. Please send credentials, projected weights for this season, and color head-shot photos of any listed or deserving wrestlers to:

Dan Fickel

Wrestling USA Magazine

10757 Woodrun Dr.

Strongsville, OH 44136

E-Mail: dfickel@msn.com

Fax: (440) 878-1150

..................................................................................................................

( WEIGHT CLASSES OTHER THAN 135 DELETED)

..................................................................................................................

1. Dustin Schlatter, 11, (Massillon Perry, OH)

2. Andrae Hernandez, 12, (Griffith, IN)

3. Jeff Jaggers, 12, (St. Peter Chanel, OH)

4. Angel Cejudo, 12, (Maryvale, AZ)

5. Zach Tanelli, 12, (Milburn, NJ)

6. Rudy Reuda, 12, (DeMatha, MD)

7. Chad Romero, 12, (Fort Morgan, CO)

8. Joey Eckloff, 11, (Northampton, PA)

9. Jake Lewis, 11, (Amery, WI)

10. Adam Frey, 11, (Blair Academy, NJ)

11. Tom Picarsic, 11, (Penn Trafford, PA)

12. Jason Williams, 12, (Clovis, CA)

13. Jay Morrison, 12, (Whitehall, PA)

14. Justin Chrzanowski, 11, (Lapeer West, MI)

15. Wesley English, 10, (Chicago Mt. Carmel, IL)

16. Steven Blunk, 12, (Streetsboro, OH)

17. Tony Kubec, 12, (Lake Stevens, WA)

18. Jimmy Matlock, 11, (Stillwell, OK)

19. McKay Sanderson, 12, (Timpanogos, UT)

20. T.J. Parlin, 12, (Austin, MN)

21. Levi Haugen, 11, (Bishop Ryan, ND)

22. Jordan Leen, 12, (Baylor, TN)

23. Jay Chichester, 12, (Colonial Forge, VA)

24. Jeff Warusz, 10, (Neshaminy, PA)

25. Alex Varela, 12, (Marcos de Niza, AZ)

26. Ryan Henning, 12, (Tuttle, OK)

27. Braden Shaw, 12, (Brooke, WV)

28. George Hickman, 12, (Riverside, NC)

I don't even know if Leen and Manley will be in the same weightclass or not, but if they do wrestle each other it will be a great match. Both of these wrestlers are great examples of what a champion is supposed to be. I think the Leen's and Manley's should be proud of their son's and their accomplishments both on and off the mat. Good luck to both of these fine young men this season.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
They can't name them.  The score was 6-1 and if they wrestled again today Kyle would win 10-1 if Cordell would actually wrestle.  I have watched Cordell for 3 years now and he is a staller.  He can not wrestle on his feet.  That is why he is no longer in Kyle's league.  Cordell has Logsdon in his corner so he gets the benefit of the doubt in Chattanooga and does not get called for stalling.  He stalls more than any state champion I have ever seen, and he will continue to do it until someone breaks him of that habit.  I guess if you can get away with it, then why not do it.  It is just a testament of how good Kyle really is.  It is one thing to beat a good wrestler, but you have to be awesome to beat a good staller.

464484[/snapback]

Now this young wrestler has to do at least 150 push ups for this observation. Talk about controversy? I guess he may have had issues with a coach or two in other areas of the state too, huh?

soms

this is NOT a matter of who had won more state championships...its a matter of who is the better wrestler...and you cant base that on the number of state championships

i had to edit this...I meant it was "NOT a matter"

456111[/snapback]

True, last year at the Senior Nationals in Cleveland, OH the 4 time never beaten 152lb from Nebraska lost his first match and 3rd match and was out. :o

I think the world of both young men!

If everything was equal I give the edge to Jordan. Prior to the Nationals, I would have said Spencer but Leen impressed the heck out of everyone who watched him.

I think it would depend on what day it was. I say 50/50.

Good Luck to both. They both choose schools that are not just making great wrestlers but great minds for our future.

Man eater would dominate this match.  He pinned a guy in like 3.5 seconds last year.  That is disgusting.  Leen would be man handled by Manley.  And to kizzle asizzle, those state chamionships are going to be equal by the end of this year.  Manley will ward off all competitors.  McCallie's team in general will beat everyone.

457700[/snapback]

Your nuts. The best Seniors in the country didn't man handle Jordan in Cleveland, OH last year. If everything is equal why do you think spencer is better than the top kids from 50 states.

Leen beat the #1 Kid in the Country.

Spencer was pinned first round and was stopped 1 match short of All American.