WARRIORS BOMB HIGHLANDERS

happy_highlander

LanderBlue and other Landers fans - I am really shocked but I and many others have said, you can't prepare for the playoffs and a tough 2nd half of a game when you play teams that you are leading 40-0 at half. This game is an example of what a weak schedule will do. Get a lead and when it starts getting tight in the 2nd half, there is no experience, conditioning or depth to handle it. It is a real shame for the boys because the scheduling isn't their fault.

Well... I think you are right.. Our weak schedule hurt us. I have said our schedule was to weak... I never denied that. I feel like this loss was due more to overlooking. Just my opinion. Also... In the last three years of playoffs, we have not had a game where we just played plain bad. The games we lost... The championship to E. Harding and in the semi to Boyd... The better team won. We finally had a bad game against a good team. If we could have pulled it out, I think it could have opened the boy's eyes.. To let them see this was not going to be easy. But hey...its the playoffs and there are no second chances. Good win by CAK and I wish them luck. The scheduling isn't the fans fault either... We go to the games give it our all in support and take up for our team on CoachT.. Not much more we can do or say. We have nothing to be ashamed of and I am as proud to be a Lander today as I was back in 2001 when we went to Murfreesboro. :angry:

Good luck to all the teams...

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good win by CAK and I wish them luck. The scheduling isn't the fans fault either... We go to the games give it our all in support and take up for our team on CoachT.. Not much more we can do or say. We have nothing to be ashamed of and I am as proud to be a Lander today as I was back in 2001 when we went to Murfreesboro. :D

Good luck to all the teams...

Well said, LanderBlue. Since my son is a senior this year, maybe I can schedule a run up to Roan Mountain next year and see a game in the "pound". My wife is from Johnson City, so she can visit friends and family while I go to a game.

Hope our paths cross again and good luck to your team.

Since my son is a senior this year, maybe I can schedule a run up to Roan Mountain next year and see a game in the "pound". My wife is from Johnson City, so she can visit friends and family while I go to a game.

Be more than glad to have you. Although we have some rebuilding to do. Lost a lot of seniors. Some good young talent coming up. But some work to do... I look forward to it though. I will be there win or lose.. <_<

LanderBlue and other Landers fans - I am really shocked but I and many others have said, you can't prepare for the playoffs and a tough 2nd half of a game when you play teams that you are leading 40-0 at half. This game is an example of what a weak schedule will do. Get a lead and when it starts getting tight in the 2nd half, there is no experience, conditioning or depth to handle it. It is a real shame for the boys because the scheduling isn't their fault.

Have some bake sales, carwashes, whatever and raise the money to schedule some road trips to CPA, DCA, Ezell, Wayne Co, USJ, Wayne CO., etc. Help your boys get ready for the playoffs next time.

Now you can cheer for CPA to go all the way - even visit us in Nashville at DCA next week.

As much as its not the best time to talk about the reasons why they may have lost what divepix said is true. Congrats to Cloudland on another great season but like he said its gonna be hard to be ready for the playoffs playing against weaker teams year in and year out. In no way am i trying to say anything negative about cloudland's team or fans, just agreeing with advice already given. I hope you guys do make a trip to middle tn maybe and watch some of the teams in our region stack up. If i could recommend one, the best and possibly the championship game (already in the 2nd round) will be this week as DCA hosts CPA. Again congratulations on another winning season by Cloudland.