CPA Lions vs DCA Wildcats II

unbiasedspectator

CPA was very impressive in a 35-13 win over Collinwood. I can't say I'm surprised considering how well CPA is playing lately. Their all around team is outstanding.

DCA was also dashed impressive, exploding to a 28-0 lead in the 1st Quarter then cruising to a 38-0 shutout of Moore County. It was their fourth shutout of the season.

So, CPA travels to DCA next week. CPA should be the favorite because they won the first one. DCA had not similance of a running game in that one, and still kept it close. If they bring a running game, especially the one they had early in the season, then this game is a tossup.

Edited by unbiasedspectator

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from the Collinwood game and dodging deer on the road home. Let's face it. In high school, unlike any level of football, the following is what wins games, in order of importance.

1. Coaching

2. Team Speed, especially on defense

3. Balanced attack

4. Kids who are in shape and will hit!

Size is way down the line in importance at the high school level. CPA is usually smaller than their opponents this year, but they have the top 4 stated above covered.

DCA didn't just have a bad night rushing the last time - CPA stopped their run. And Landers had a great night for CPA because other teams can't key on our running with the passing attack we have. Can CPA do it again - we will see. Should be a great game.

You are so right. Just ask Ezell Harding and USJ after CPA beat them both after losing to them both earlier last year. I still think CPA will get it together and get this one too. Several players are really stepping up right now and coming thru stronger than ever. I still go with CPA in a great game.