CPA Lions vs DCA Wildcats II

unbiasedspectator

I'm sure DCA will be stronger this time around, if for no other reason the QB Fenwick will be more seasoned. He was just coming off an injury and had missed several games prior to the CPA game. CPA will need to play well all 4 quarters and limit turnovers, but I'm confident Coach Pack will be reminding them of that this week.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't doubt that the winner of this game will go on to win the state championship. I look to see DCA come out with some fire after CPA ruined their perfect season earlier in the year, so possibly an early explosion by them. CPA will control the game tempo as they can run and throw equally well and do both with great success. Predicting an outcome is almost impossible but i thought i might try.

My prediction: CPA 17, DCA 14

What was interesting about the first game was that DCA never stopped the run. CPA ran at will. Can DCA stop the run next time? Maybe, but I believe CPA will make them prove it by running a ot and mixing in just enough passes to keep DCA honest.

CPA let DCA back in the game by going for an interception and missing it resulting in Wooden's long TD pass/run. They then fumbled inside their own 20 and gave up a TD. That was all of DCA's scoring.

Another thing was that DCA made virtually no mistakes in the 1st half (turnovers, penalties, etc.) and still couldn't move the ball other than the one long pass play.

I believe DCA will move the ball better this time, but they will make some mistakes and the end result will be the same.

I believe Fenwick is the key, not Wooden. He was their whole offense (the little they had) the first game and is a great athlete. He spreads a defense and that is what they will have to do.

DCA will play better but if they make mistakes in the first half this time, it will offset the better play.

I do believe DCA will have to score over 28 to win. Hard to do on CPA.

I have been picking picking DCA to win it all from the beginning and can't go back now though it may be the risky thing to do. I have also seen most of DCA's games this year, and their line is extremely dominant. Then there was the CPA game. CPA dominated the line in that game. Fenwick is not the big weapon in the DCA offense, Wooden is. Wooden was stuffed throughout the first half, so they used him as a decoy to get the passing game going and tie the score. DCA actually put together a good drive to set up a FG, which was blocked for a TD. GAME SET MATCH.

In this game DCA will come out electrified. They will be thinking revenge. I truly believe the line will match CPA's this time out of sheer emotion and the fact that I don't think that big line can be stopped twice to the same team. Trust me Ive seen them play well. If CPA can, they deserve to be champs right now. Give them the gold ball this minute. In the 28-0 first quarter DCA put together against Moore County, Fenwick threw and ran for a TD. He is back in full stride unlike the CPA game when he was still recovering from post concussion symptoms. And of course, Wooden will be fired up. And that is a scary thing. Just ask Ezell.

I thought DCA was looking for several years of revenge plus a perfect season for the last game. Both teams will be playing with full emotions this week. Emotions can reek havoc sometimes. The team best prepared should win. I think CPA was better prepared in the last meeting. Probably too close to call. Can't wait!

I was very surprised three weeks ago when DCA couldn't stop our running game. It was to the point of almost pitiful. We rushed for over 235 yards and had multple td's. DCA is saying that we "ruined their perfect season" and that they'll be back for revenge. Again, I don't think that they can stop our potent offense. I've got one of the best fullbacks in front of me and a line that can't be beat. Also, look at Travis Sykes. He is on fire right now. The QB / WR relatioship between him and Pollack is amazing. No one can stop him either. He has already predicted that not only will he catch the ball he will "drag defenders into the endzone with him", just like he did with that Jackson kid.

Again it will be a game to remember with the media everywhere and I look forward to it. With Byrd now gone we will see who truly is the best Tailback of 1A.

If this poster is truly who he claims to be, I will be very surprised and disappointed in this post. It is not appropriate, classy or smart and not the player I know. I am trusting it is an imposter. If it is, moderators should take action.