McCallie Vs. MBA

godawgsblue

blu-- you are right MBA is good but turnovers happen at every level just look at Tennessee fubling against UGA on the 1 yd. line.. that's football..

I think that if McCallie wants to come away with a win in this game they will have to look at the game tape from the first meeting and forget that game and everything else that has happened to MBA since then.. they will need to show up focused and set on a goal of getting back to the state championship game..If the Blue Tornado comes to play then it will be an interesting game to watch

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I expect this game to follow the pattern set by our D1 friends this past weekend -- that is to say, I think this game will be closer than the first MBA-McCallie game. The Big Red are certainly chomping at the bit to extract the bitter taste in the mouths, while McCallie has some strident saliva as well after getting pummelled by MBA 38-9 in the first meeting.

For MBA to win:

1)Utilize offensive balance -- mix up the play calls and allow Koban, Fisher, and Santi to showcase their skills.

2)Defensive discipline -- McCallie's option attack can be difficult to defend; the Big Red need to stick to their assignments and avoid overpursuit.

For McCallie to win:

1)BALL CONTROL -- The Blue Tornado must dominate the time of possession just as BA did 2 weeks ago. Their mantra needs to be "3rd and short." Turnovers will murder their Clinic Bowl chances; they can't give MBA more opportunities than they'll already have.

2)Agressive defense -- McCallie needs to rush Fisher into making errant throws; such pressure will also make MBA's rushing less proficient as long as the defensive linemen make their tackles.

PREDICTION: MBA 24, McCallie 7

I think that this game is not gunna be close at all. MBA will be destroyed by the thundering winds of the McCallie Blue Tornaders. In the last game it was disgusting to watch from the McCallie sidelines. I have talked to the players and they have no fear of those MBA guys. Who just beat McCallie down last time. McCallie's offense is playing great. Better than any time of the year. For them to win they need to reduce the turnovers. If McCallie wins the turnover battle by even just one, than McCallie will win this game. They have too good of a passing game nowadays to be taken lightly. MBA will be upset and we will see McCallie vs. Brentwood in the ship.

Ryan Moore.. of course

Chris Johnson running the ball and at linebacker.. he's been a beast all year

Ryan Murphy... many 100 yard recieving games and 92 in the win against MBA

other notables...

Andrew Brock..good blocker for the running game and not bad on defense

Alex Crabtree...powerful fullback provides good short yardage gains

BUT who knows about all of these players it just depends on how they show up and how bad they want to win..

I am looking foward to this game