whos gonna win the 1A state Playoffs

scruggsly77

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finals will be either DCA or CPA versus Boyd or South Pitt. Only other possible team to make finals is Ezell. I think Wayne county has a fine team, but don't think they can beat 2 Region 5 teams back to back. Also, CAK showed something with Cloudland win, but on the road against SP or Boyd is too tough.

I would never say it couldn't happen. CAK showed a lot in their win, but SP and Boyd are the class of the east. Underdogs winning is always part of the playoffs. Upsets get harder as the playoffs get deeper. Remember, though, CPA beat 3 favored and undefeated teams on the road on their road to M'Boro last year. So anything can happen.

Well, I can say from personal experience that Boyd is a darn good football team. They got some real players. I'd say they're gonna make it very far because they'll clear out all the Region 4 teams they come across, because we(Clay Co.) beat the best our Region has to offer(Gordonsville) and the Bucs demolished us 47-6.

However, I'm one of those people who thinks its total crap that we have to play all these recruiting private schools anyway, but thats just how it is.

I think (and personally hope) that Boyd takes it all home.

dawg52, take the private bashing to the proper forum or at least don't show your ignorance by accusing all private schools of recruiting when you have no evidence to back it up. Of the 8 seniors on CPA's team, 6 start and all of the starters have been in school together since the 5th grade, some since kindergarten. Do you honestly believe we are recruiting 8-10 year olds?

Dawg,

Same for Boyd...6 Senior starters TOTAL (O + D) and all have been with the school since elementary.

On a different note, I enjoyed meeting your team and some of your parents Friday night. Real good people. Hope everyone made it back to Clay Cnty safely. Congrats on making the playoffs...I was coaching when we did it the first time. It is a great first step for you guys. ;)

I think the 1A playoffs may be the most competitive of all of the classifications. With such teams as Boyd, SP, CPA, DCA, Ezell, Gordonsville, CAK, and others you just can't go wrong. I hope all of these teams play their hearts out down the stretch and make the most of there opportunity to become state champs. As far as winners and losers go, they are all winners for making it this far. The top teams will seperate themselves from the rest of the pack this week and then the games will really get interesting. Myself, I think it will be South Pittsburg avenging a turnover plagued loss to Boyd and DCA coming out of the west with South Pittsburg taking home the big gold trophy. As far as the public/private issue goes, they are all 15-18 year old kids and with the proper coaching anything can happen. Good Luck to all of the teams and may the best team win!

this one is hard to pick, being from east tn, i'd say taht the winner of SP v. Boyd, and the winner of CAK v. Greeback. one of those four teams will go all the way. i dont know anything at all about SP and Boyd but i know they are powerhouses. and whoever plays them is gonna have a game.