MacDuk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Borneman going to make 152?????

I saw him this weekend and he obviously dropped alot of weight to get to sixty this weekend. He was sluggish, slow, and wasn't finishing moves like last year.

His parents have a lot of influence and they will not let him drastically cut weight like last year. Look for him at 71.

No way Borneman goes 171. I'd say 160, but don't rule him out at 152, and if he does go 152, he is the man to beat in my opinion. I know what you mean by him being sluggish though. His shots were slow, and he did not finish them quickly or at all some of the time. I'm hoping he was just a little out of shape for the beginning of the season. He's a great wrestler.

TD Artist

Cody did get Weakley at the State Duals in Clarksville. I checked the TSSAA website and they have the score listed at 10-2 you have a good memory!!

You are right about that bracket at the state individual tourney also, the top half of the 152 bracket was loaded last year. I was surprised that Cody and Jeffers did'nt fare better.

Is Cody going 152 this year?

Edited by kjfan

I don't know anything about Scooter but the rumors. We have been hearing the 160 thing but for sure I can tell you that he was just named the Big-East Offensive Player of the Year. He is a phenomenal athlete and we (the state) will be worse off without him wrestling. Never mind the outburst, we all have kids in our program that are capable of outbursts. It was sad, but don't take away his skills.

I think there is a difference between a kid have a normal anger outburst and Scooter kicking a scoreboard onto fans and then starting a scene straight out of COPS by making security chase him all over the stadium. That kid has a pattern of outbursts that have gotten worse over the years leading up to last year's incident. I say that if he even slips up a little bit any time this season, he should not be allowed to wrestle in TSSAA sanctioned events. I shouldn't have to worry about my safety everytime I go to a meet and sit near a collapsable scoreboard.

I think there is a difference between a kid have a normal anger outburst and Scooter kicking a scoreboard onto fans and then starting a scene straight out of COPS by making security chase him all over the stadium. That kid has a pattern of outbursts that have gotten worse over the years leading up to last year's incident. I say that if he even slips up a little bit any time this season, he should not be allowed to wrestle in TSSAA sanctioned events. I shouldn't have to worry about my safety everytime I go to a meet and sit near a collapsable scoreboard.

I do not agree with Scooter's actions, but I can feel his frustration. It was a bad call and it cost him a shot at his first state title. He was called for the exact same thing in 2002 by the exact same ref. I do believe the call was legit in 2002, but it was not even close to a slam in 2003. I can see where he would feel like he had been cheated. Same call, same ref. You would probably feel as though someone was out to make sure you did not win the gold. best of the west...you go work your tail off for years so that you can have a shot at the title and then let someone just snatch it all away in a single second. I believe that you would be a little frustrated also.