Can the Bucs Do IT Again

ajj2g

What won the game for CPA last year was previous big-game experience. By the time Boyd figured out that they belonged there it was too late.

By the way- the "gift" you refer to was an interferance call in the end zone that was clearly shown by the local FOX channel on their replay (from behind the end zone.) I don't blame the d-back, it was a smart play. If he doesn't grab the receiver, it's a TD. If he does, it's not a TD. Even if you get caught you've got another shot at stopping them, which CPA did.

Enough living in the past! If the Bucs play together as a team, nobody gets selfish, and they take it one game at a time- they have an excellent chance of winning. The Bucs defense this year is just fantastic in the games I've seen.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What won the game for CPA last year was previous big-game experience. By the time Boyd figured out that they belonged there it was too late.

By the way- the "gift" you refer to was an interferance call in the end zone that was clearly shown by the local FOX channel on their replay (from behind the end zone.) I don't blame the d-back, it was a smart play. If he doesn't grab the receiver, it's a TD. If he does, it's not a TD. Even if you get caught you've got another shot at stopping them, which CPA did.

Enough living in the past! If the Bucs play together as a team, nobody gets selfish, and they take it one game at a time- they have an excellent chance of winning. The Bucs defense this year is just fantastic in the games I've seen.

I agree Boyd has an excellent chance of winning. Big game experience is one of many parts of what makes a superior team, so I repeat the better team won. Now that Boyd has big game experience, if they win are you going to say the other team was better but didn't have big game experience?

I agree - last year was history but you started talking about history claiming they could have won last year by running Nelson 4 times. He ran plenty of times and got some yards, but CPA stopped him enough to win the game. CPA was the better team because the best team always wins. That's why they keep score. You don't get points or rings for talent or potential - only winning.

If Boyd wins this year, which they very well may, they will be the best team.

"Stop before you begin sounding like Cloudland"

This is not being posted by Boyd Buchanan players or fans. If you look close the respondents are Clay County players (or they seem to be) They seem to be speaking from experience.

Also, if you did not notice, the thread was started by a brand new poster. Very first post. This is most likely someone who wants to start something controversial.

Very observant. There are 2 new posters in this thread.

I would guess that Friendship Christian, South Pittsburg, Gordonsville and other teams in the east half of the class A bracket are licking their chops at the prospect of playing an overconfident BBS team. To suggest that anyone has a free run to Murfreesboro is not only foolish, it may be self-defeating. There are some disappointed teams at home this week to prove it!

One game at a time. FCS will be tough enough as it is!

i used to play and i think that if they keep their heads on straight and handle their business then they will win it all

Go Bucs

Alex Jones #6

Alex Jones I played for South Pittsburg 96-99, you were garbage!! WE TOOK BOYD TO THE WOODSHED TWICE!! REMEMBER THAT!! ALSO WENT 15-0 BEATING 2 DEFENDING STATE CHAMPS AND BEAT THE 1-A CHAMPS FROM ALABAMA (COURTLAND). THIS YEARS BOYD AND LAST YEARS BOYD WOULD HAVE NOT STAYED ON THE FIELD WITH THE 98 or 99 PIRATES PERIOD!! That first game we played you in 99 you almost surprised us coming out in all new formations, UNTIL WE TOOK IT 90 YARDS DOWN YOUR THROAT TO WIN! THEN IN PLAYOFFFS AGAIN!

THE THOUGHT OF YOU TACKLING EDDIE MOORE OR SAM PICKETT MAKES ME CRINGE!

FootballGuy I'll give you the 98 team but the only reason you guys won in 99 was because Boyd decided to put a freshman QB in instead of staying with the Senior who had been running all over you guys. And it wasnt like you stopped them and drove the ball 90 yards either. If that playoff game would have been at Boyd it might've been different.

Well anyway it's 2003 now and I guess the past 4 years should show you there's a new power in town. Maybe next week the S.P. mystique will finally be put to rest.

As good as coach akin and boyd is the hard truth is that the west is much better in the east. Ever since the alphabet region went west and trousdale moved up, its going to be boyd or south pitt every year, but I don't think they can win it. they need to split the alphabet region to even it up.