Unaka vs Boone

creekercalhoun

Flossie, you're a mean spirited "poster". These are kids on here having FUN, well that was until you got on this board. Football is OVER, I repeat OVER. Move on. Stop being so vindictive and leave the smack talking to the real kids. Everyone on this board knows who you are, and actually some of the Landers even think you're a joke. So lighten up!!!!! :angry:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I find humorous, about Flossie's posts, are that he is clearly a young man, trying to recapture his "Glory Days"...or lack thereof. If he were "the man" that he says he is, he would be at work or school right now, not sitting at home trying to stir up trouble on Coach-T. Further more, if he were the ultimate Football player, that he claims to be, he might even still be playing in college, rather than making sure he still attends each High School game, just wishing for one more chance to get on the field...he probably still wears his old Jersey to each game, in hopes that someone will remember him from years gone by. It's quite sad, actually, that he feels he must belittle guys who are just trying to play sports and have a good time...I guess it makes him feel better, since his day has come and gone. Sorry Flossie...we hope you find a life soon, and can get over your days as a has-been jock!!! :angry:

And to think that this board used to be so informative. Why don't we just let the kids play the game and await the outcome. What do we accomplish by getting on here and testing one's manhood? What does it do? It looks bad on both schools. We don't have a clue how the outcome of this season will be. I for one am sick and tired of all the negative post on here. I am tired of hearing about Cloudland football, and how Unaka's lack of football makes them less superior than the Highlanders. Grow up people. A little smack can be fun but this has been taken to a different level. To read notjustafans post one would think he had a crystal ball planted inside his head. We will win, we will hold Chambers to 2 points, this is all garbage. He has much better players around his this year plus they are 6'5 and 6'7 in their back line. No one knows who will win nor how many Rusty will score. It's hard not to be biased when you have family playing.

I can assure you this that each team will play their tails off. These kids respect one another and the sad part is that most of the posters will never a play a minute in these games. Some share friendships. I have counted it a blessing to watch Mark Byrd perform in all 3 sports. No doubt in my mind he is one of the greatest athletes that I have ever seen perform and I have watched sports all my life.

Unaka has some great kids, who never open their mouth on the floor much unlike the past few years. So does the Highlanders. I have often thought if we would put both teams in the gym and not let the fans or parents inside, they would have the times of their lives.

In the future let's reframe for all the trash talk and post information on this board that might be helpful and informative. How this got started on a Daniel Boone and Unaka thread is very distasteful. :D

Hey Flossie, Yeah football is the real man sport, ill give you that. But i bet you didnt even get to step on the field. A real man wouldnt date a 15 year old at the age of 30. But about the Snavley Gynasium, nobody beats us in our gym. Thats a promise, Byrd and Tolley cant stop, jones, delbert, collins, cline, mcann, and not to mention umm Rusty Chambers. Will Stockton be back? If so it wont make much difference just like the cook boys wont make a difference at all. Theres a difference between the rangers and the landers anyway, unaka has heart and pride and thats something cloudland knows nothing about. All you all know about is hiring bad referees. You all love those bad calls, cause they always go for you.

To GirlsLuvRuss....GREAT POST!!! If Flossie knows what's good for him, he'll high-tail it off this board and go to the girls board where he belongs. You literally ate him alive. I'm not saying anything bad about the Rangers cause I don't want you on my case. You must have someone on the team, and I'm guessing from your name it might be Chambers??? I've watched him play and I've seen him off the court and I've got to admit, he's a class act. But so is the rest of the Unaka team. Real gentlemen on the floor and off. They can get physical and kick butt when they need to but seems like they always keep their cool. This comes from discipline and good coaching. If I had to pull for a team this year it would have to be Unaka... :D

I may or may not have a vested "interest" in Unaka...I think keeping it anonymous works best for everyone...however, I am not so involved that I can't be "logical" and/or see things fairly. I just hate to hear anyone being bashed or criticized for trying to play the sport, have a good time, and enjoy their teenage years. Whether you play Football, Basketball or Baseball makes no difference, if you have a good time, keep a good attitude and feel good about yourself, at the end of the day. I personally know several kids at Unaka, and they all look out for one another and are good people, not just good athletes. The county with the best team is not as important as people in Carter County make it out to be. The reality is, after High School, there is a big world out there, for those who dare to step outside of Elizabethton, and the characteristics that kids take away from their High School experience, are what makes them better Adults, Students, and just good people in general. I think focusing on Sportsmanship, and having a good time, is more important to stress to these young minds, rather than OUR SCHOOL IS BETTER BECAUSE OUR MUSCLES ARE BIGGER AND WE MAKE MORE TACKLES.

By the way, White Lightnin; J said he rules NCAA 2004; next time we're in, he'll show you!!!

" No amount of ability is of the slightest avail without honor..." Andrew Carnegie