sd girls vs red bank girls november 20

sdfan1234

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a small-minded and chavanistic remark to say that girls shouldn't be allowed to wrestle. If your sons wanted to dance ballet, you might not like him doing it, but if that is what he wanted, you wouldn't want anyone turning them down without even letting them try.

I too have mixed feelings about girls wrestling on the boys teams, but don't have a problem with girls teams. The mats are there, it shouldn't be hard to find someone to coach, and doesn't a larger program with more people(boosters) generate more support(money)?

Stepping on a big soap box.

Girls/Womens wrestling is one of the best things to happen to wrestling in years.

Title IX is killing wrestling for men. one of the ways to get wrestling growing is to bring in more people. Women that wrestle may save this sport for your children.

Each wrestler that steps on the mat brings more support.

Each team that has "mat girls" brings more people to the sport.

Each team that has cheerleaders brings more people to the sport.

The wrestling community must bring in more people and explain to them

our sport. Sell wrestling!!!

250 plus colleges have dropped wrestling.

1972 all this title IX started 31 years ago

14 college wrestlers per team

108,000 men has lost the chance to wrestle in college.

This number will grow with out bring in more people.

(not exact numbers,, on the low side)

Support wrestling and wrestlers.

Or are you going to put some one down for trying to do what you are doing?

Michael Morelan

Texas23 that is fine what you are saying. But some people get on here and express their opinions. This is what this board is all about. But for some people every time that they get on here they are "targeted" by others. But people are expressing the way that they feel about this topic. But other people "try" to be arrogant in their comments. People keep an open-mind. Don't be shallow and ignorant. I know of a couple of people that are often times being targeted for their comments. But to say that when you have boys that they will not take ballet is fine. But to me and others we really don't care...

not trying to be mean but, the last time i checked this was about the sd girls and rb girls wrestling match, not what your feeling are about girls wrestling i think thAT there is already another post for that one. lets get back on track and talk about how sd killed the rb last night. hey parkdog casie did dominate

Babybearmom, it isn't important if we agree or not on this subject, but is your logic practical? Sure, there is already a mat there and it's being used by 30-40 wrestlers everyday, who are usually packed on it like sardines, wrestling in groups to make the best use of limited space. Sure, they could come in when the guys finish. At what time, say 7:00? Wrestle a few hours and back home by 9:00 PM ? No potential parent/administrative backlash her huh?And did you say it shouldn't be hard to find a coach?? Why, because of the huge wrestling coaches' supplements? Or maybe because law suits fly around these days like snowballs and every potential male coach who heads up a female team would be an attractive target for a weasel and his lawyer? Or maybe the endless supply of 20 and 30 something females who wrestled in high school and now are teachers will easily fill those jobs??

Politically correct is fine...

Gender equity is fine...

Be practical in our arguments....priceless.

I don't care if I'm anonymous or not...the bottom line is this, all I said was if you have a problem, and most of the people at Bradley Central seem to have this problem with me, is that all you have to do is come on over and we can discuss this matter. I'm not insinuating anything and I'm not acting like a teenager. Adults will talk about things. It just seems that every time I come on here is that somebody always has to try to put me down on issues like I have No clue what I'm talking about...That's all I'm saying is that one person comes on here and doesn't go along with Texas23 or whatever you are, then you berate them and put them down...come on man, think about who is acting like the teenager here?