Hardin Co. Ridgeway game....end of discussion

john007

For all of you who weren't at the game, I invite you to watch the highlight film at http://www.hardin.k12.tn.us/hchs/athletics...VideoIndex.html

And for you Ridgeway guys, I don't see how you are saying that there were bad calls. The two fumbles were clearly backwards passes. On the ineligible reciever downfield call, three wide recievers were clearly on the line, making one of them ineligible. But also, on Hardin County's last drive, Barker clearly got in the end zone....TWICE.

For all of you who may have been believeing these guys that there were bad calls, see for yourself. The camera doesn't lie. Watch the film. What you'll see is a Hardin County team play well against a good Ridgeway team with an amazing quarterback. The Tigers got a big play at the end, and that won them the ball game. END OF DISCUSSION.

I didn't see the Hardin-Ridge game, nor do I have a tie to either team, but the Commercial Excuse article STRONGLY hinted

Hardin won because of "hometown officiating"..............don't the idiots at the "North Tunica "

Appeal realize the officals are assigned by the T$$AA and have no ties to either school?

"Hometown officiating" is an understatement. In the Dyersburg-Hardin County game, the officials would spot the ball a good two feet in front of where the hardin county was down. Also who can forget the balk at the end of the fourth quarter in which the officials called a personal foul for roughing the kicker. Not only was the kicker not roughed there wasnt a dyersburg defender around, he simply shanked the kick!!! I am not going ot say that Hardin County doesnt deserve the games they have on but it does bring into question: How legitimate is officiating in and around Savannah?

"Hometown officiating" is an understatement. In the Dyersburg-Hardin County game, the officials would spot the ball a good two feet in front of where the hardin county was down. Also who can forget the balk at the end of the fourth quarter in which the officials called a personal foul for roughing the kicker. Not only was the kicker not roughed there wasnt a dyersburg defender around, he simply shanked the kick!!! I am not going ot say that Hardin County doesnt deserve the games they have on but it does bring into question: How legitimate is officiating in and around Savannah?

apparently you were not at the game and didnt see the dyersburg player(who did not block the kick) hit tyler lorenz so i am provideing the video for you. It doesnt lie. If you still think that nobody was around him after you watch the video then you are not worth talkin to.

http://www.hardin.k12.tn.us/hchs/athletics...VideoIndex.html

Edited by bigmaroon82

here is the rule from nhsf....not retyped but cut and pasted.......

9-4-4 Running into or roughing the kicker or holder. A defensive player shall neither run into the kicker nor holder, which is contact that displaces the kicker or holder without roughing; nor block, tackle or charge into the kicker of a scrimmage kick, or the place-kick holder, other than when:

a. Contact is unavoidable because it is not reasonably certain that a kick will be made.

b. The defense touches the kick near the kicker and contact is unavoidable.

c. Contact is slight and is partially caused by movement of the kicker.

d. Contact is caused by R being blocked into the kicker or holder by K.

not to give you a lesson in the rules, but please look closely at "a" , "b" and "c".....after review, all three come into play....the ball was blocked at the line of scrimmage and the person who had contact with the kicker was after the kick was blocked and was unavoidable..........and that contact, after review of the film, was contributed too by the movement of the kicker.....

the officials missed the call.......the game should have gone into over-time, or dyersburg should not have allowed hardin cnty back into the game after having a 19-6 lead in the 4th.....

YES YOU ARE CORRECT...THE FILM DOES NOT LIE....OFFICIALS BLOW CALL...NO DOUBT......

Edited by mg

have you ever heard the quote, " thou protest too much"...... drop it Hardin County...you WON 2 GAMES on questionable calls....be gracious and humble enough to take the wins and move on....you have a good team and stop worrying about what others are saying....if you are as good as you say you are you should have no problem next week against Melrose....if you need to keep defending yourself...enough said...by the way...everybody has seen the tape and guess what?

I really like the way Hardin County has the highlights available on their website. This is really neat. Does anybody know if other schools do the same thing? I'm going to watch saveral more of those Hardin Co. games real soon.

As for the Ridgeway game - it looked to me like the first lateral was foward and should not have been a fumble - hard to tell from my angle - and the 2nd was clearly a fumble. As for the roughing the punter - I thought he hit the punter and a flag should have been thrown.

Glad to see the Ridgeway coach control his player after the game. I noticed most of the Ridgeway players displayed good sportmenship however. Great game. Either team would be a good challenge to Melrose on anybody else.

Congrats to Hardin Co. and I hope you win your next one (so JCM won't have too play them - haha).

Edited by jcm

You can call the calls questionable all day long. There is no doubt Hardin County would have beaten Dyersburg in Overtime if it had to come down to that. They outplayed Dyersburg the entire Fourth Quarter no doubt they would have done it in overtime. As for the Ridgeway game...Even if Ridgeway scores Who's to say that Milligan wont take another 99 yarder to the house? Or maybe Bouterie would have throw his own Hail Mary. You can never give up on Hardin County until the clock reads 0.0 at the end of the fourth quarter. Bottom line is Hardin County finds a way to win.