Region 7-1A Second Round Predictions

buschman

The one team I did not expect to make it to round 2 of playoffs was Trinity. I didn't think they could beat West Carroll twice in the same year; they proved me wrong for the second time this year. Therefore, the Lions play USJ in the second round on Friday night. Surely, TCA cannot prove me wrong two weeks in a row. USJ 17/ TCA 14

All I have heard is people talk about how good the game between JCS and Fayette Academy is going to be this week. Well what if I said this is going to be a blowout. Do not waste the seven dollars it will cost you to get into it. If I was to say this, then I would be a liar. If you are around Jackson on Friday, I would recommend coming to JCS. Fayette 28/ JCS 24

Well, I took the other side of the arguments here. USJ is just beat up physically with too many key players either out or nowhere near 100%. TCA has plenty of momentum after finishing the season strong, and after a huge win over a talented West Carroll team last week. A healthier USJ only beat TCA by one TD in the regular season; this time, I think Trinity takes advantage of USJ's injuries as Michael Hodum gets his first win over his old coach. TCA 21, USJ 14.

JCS will certainly be looking for a little payback against a solid Fayette Academy. Those from the JCS camp say that game was their worst of the year, although I'm sure FA had a lot to do with that. But with Carpenter back for the Eagles, that will go a long way with the pass coverage which if I remember right burned JCS a couple of times in the first meeting. Additionally, the Eagle offense has been clicking in a big way since that loss, averaging 43 PPG in 5 games. I like both teams, but only one can advance, and it will be Jackson Christian. JCS 34, FA 26.

Yeah and the good news is the only teams that matter are the ones that are playing this year...

I think USJ will beat TCA...not because TCA isn't capable of a win...they are talented and hot right now...but I am not sure if they really believe they can win over USJ mentally yet...I also think Mickey is a good enough coach and that he doesn't want to let TCA get their first ever win over him...I think he will find a way to win...whatever it takes...

JCS/FA...Wow what a matchup...the loser always says they had a bad night...so even though I am a JCS fan I can't buy that...but I do think the starters who missed the first meeting being back will be a big factor...I think however it turns out it will be in question until the final horn...but I am going with a JCS win

Edited by JaxMan