Maryville vs. Chatt. Central

mrebel171113

1st off to the Rebels, congradulations on a good hard fought CLEAN ball-game. To the purple pounders good job as well you have NOTHING to be ashamed of. You came into one of the most intimidating enviroments and gave the #1 ranked team in the land all the wanted. For the seniors of Chatt. Central be proud of what you have accomplished. Going from 0-10 to 8-4 and the 2nd round of the playoffs is nothing short of a miracle. To the underclassmen of Central, let that make you hungry for more, never be satisfied. It was great for the purple pounders to see that kind of hostile enviroment and not be intemidated. I have a kind of interesting story, not to ruffle any feathers though. I was with the assistant coaches in the press-box. There was 4 little girls maybe 8 years old each in front of us. They would dance and yell for the rebels all night long. Late in the game during a time out I asked them if they would yell "go pounders" for a $1.00 each just having some fun with them and their parents. The girls said "heck no" and their parents just smiled and laughed. Then out of the blue this older lady said "H*ll no they won't cheer for the purple pansies." I just chuckled to myself and thought "You have had 3 players helped off the field to our 0, who's really the pansie?" I thought that was funny, like I said not to ruffle any feathers. Good luck to the Rebels against Central.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wild...I don't really think that you can talk to me like that! Afterall I am simply making a judgement on what I have seen so far this year and what I saw from Hillsboro last year. I haven't seen us stop the run well this year, I saw us stop the run well last year. Even though last year we could stop the run we still couldn't stop Hillsboro, they return all three (i believe) members of their backfield, so how do you expect to stop them this year? I don't really think you have the personel to do it. Parnell is too small at DT, BJ is not fast enough, May isn't cutting it...who's going to clog the middle?! The linebackers can't because they are too small as well. So I just don't see the two teams matching up well, I am sorry if I have a realistic view on things, but thats the way it is. Also if you don't think I am a "true" Maryville fan then you're sadly mistaken! My proof of being a true Rebels fan is in the 2003 year book in the Senior Electives, there, under "MOST SCHOOL SPIRITED" you'll find my name and my picture. I think that is proof enough that I know what I am talking about and that I am a "true" Maryville fan.

coachcornbread, If I had known that, I'd been right up there and lightened your wallet a little more before you headed back south.

Chatt. Central has a good tough team. We were banged up coming in, playing without our best DT, Ryan Headrick, best OL, Chris Large, lost Dave Garner (acl) in the game, and played the game without our starting MLB Valentine and another starting OT Matt Gardner.

I have to believe that Central would been the number 1 seed in region 4 if Davenport had been available. He is a tough customer.

Go Rebs.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Mapperman......I wish I had been sitting near you and your wife. Where I was, trust me...it was quiet. I even felt a little uncomfortable standing up and cheering because almost everyone around me was sitting on their hands and I stood out like a sort thumb (of course, I stood up and hollered anyway). But like I said, by the 4th Qtr, the crowd perked up and became a factor.

North (Don Story side) side, 35 yd line, row 10, leg up on the concrete portico wall. Come join us!