DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just watched the game tape of Round 1 for this season.

DB fans, I should not need to remind you of #11 - Corey Booker, 4 yr starter and maybe the best RB in Oak Ridge History. Or #1 - his Soph sidekick- help me on the spelling of .. Gohmyer??? A good RB and also a very good Defensive Player.

Or, Defensive End #17. I don't remember his name, but he is tall, strong, talented and smart.... Kinda looks like a little Jevone Kerse, really, he does.

OR has one of the strongest teams I have ever seen. And beating the Wildcats twice in the same season if difficult to say the least. As a matter of a fact, that feat has only been acomplished once in HISTORY.... by, you guessed it... DB

OR dominated this series throught the first 10 games but DB has managed to even the score over the last 6 or 7 years. 10-10 Series. And without a doubt the best Rivalry Game in All of East Tennessee for the past 15 years, and especially since the start of 5A.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Art,

To assist you, as you requested, it's Spencer Gulmire. He had a huge game tonight. And #17 is Jared Stevens (younger brother of Ausin East Head Coach Stanton Stevens). He has really grown as a player since the 1st game at D-B. Looking forward to the game Friday. Congratulations on tonight's game. I'm surprised they scored at all on you guys. I tried to tell them on that other thread to be prepared for hte atmosphere at J. Fred Johnson Stadium. They just don't understand until they come up there and lose a big game.

Talk to ya.

Hey Cats,

Thanks for the info... A-E must have a really young Coach, and also and awesome team. #17 is scary...I don't think I have ever seen (in East TN) a better looking DE Prospect.

Question: What kind of interest is Corey Booker getting from College's?

TALK ABOUT A CROWD

Wait till next week. The Soddy Daisy Game was the largest Playoff Crowd I have ever seen @ J Fred Johnson Stadium, but that will be micro-scopic when compared the CROWD IN J FRED NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT. I hope all of Oak Ridge gets there by 6:00. Bring your BAND, THE WHOLE DANG BAND!!

LET'S GET IT ON IN KINSPORT TN

This is the spice of life

ROLL TRIBE ROLL

GIDDY UP!!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Art,

Yes, Stanton Stevens (A-E Coach) is young, but a fine young coach.

I know that Corey has had several colleges showing interest. Earlier in the year, I was hearing about a possibility for a full ride at Marshall. I think now though he is getting some looks from other schools. I have questioned all along if his size will get in the way. He did surpass Shawn Summers for the career touchdowns this season, but he played four years versus Shawn's 3 years. He needed 116 yards to take over the career yardage record coming in to tonight. I don't know how many he wound up with, but he left early, when he had some problems with a previously injured shoulder. Gulmire stepped up and filled his shoes.

Also, FYI.. James Mitchell, #44, a linebacker broke the record for most tackles in a career. Get this.. he's only a Junior.

Get Ready for the largest Oak Ridge crowd to come there in years, (I hope).

Best of Luck in this upcoming game of East Tennessee Football Titans.

Roll Wildcats Roll!

I cant remember EVER being so excited about a football game. EVER. Did I say EVER. I played HS ball 20 years ago but I would give anything to be strapping on the pads next Friday. If ever there was a case of trying to re-live my past through my son this would be it. Ha Ha . He is a sophomore on a team that has 30 seniors so this year he is playing end,guard and tackle... sitting on the end of the bench, guarding the water and tackling anyone who gets close... hopefully when his time comes.. and it will, for him to participate on Friday nights I hope he can be involved in such a game. He is a real team player and will be working extra hard on the scout team this week in practice. But playing in the game and riding the pine isn't the same. No matter where he sits I think it is an awesome experience and he does as well. This game cannot be described any other way than a "classic". I don't think you will find two teams or two communities with as much mutual respect and admiration playing each other in such a high stakes game. There will not be a looser Friday night simply a team that moves on to the next round. I know without a doubt these teams are stronger and much improved than when they met earlier in the season. I am not even going to try to pick who will move on. Naturally I hope it is the Cats. Whoever it is will have my support for the remainder of the playoffs. Actually I can pick the team that will move on with a high degree of confidence. It will be the team that doesn't turn the ball over, the team that keeps penaltys to a minimum, the team that makes the least amount of mental mistakes and gets the right breaks at the right time. I guess its now its time for a quote.

"Thats all I got to say bout that" Forest Gump