DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

Coo Coo Ca Choo, Mrs Robinson.... Hey Grad, I guess you did not come to KPT back in Sept to watch Oak Ridge and DB play. I can tell you a little about DB.

DB has an 11-1 Record and was #1 in Region 1, just like Oak Ridge in Region 2

DB likes to Pass the ball, a whole bunch. The running game kinda gets discovered as the game goes on. DB does have a 1,000 Rusher in Chase Flanery. Plus many other very good running backs.

Both Teams have great tradition, fan support and both teams are very good this season.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I hate to bring this up, but before the season started I picked Oak Ridge to win it all this year. Of cource that was after watching DB scrimmege several teams, and hearing everybody say how the Indians were down this year. In the past, during the Clark era, DB just reloaded. But this year was going to be a rebuilding year. There was serious dought they were going to win their first game at Sullivan North (a 3a team that ended up 4-6 this year). Well we all know how this season has turned out.

Even though DB won the first game with Oak Ridge, Im not going to say DB is better. These two teams look about as even as you can get. Its been that way for the past 3 years, and I don't know, it may never change.

There has been a lot of talk about the Middle Tennessee 5A teams this year, and how the East is weak. Well I say let them keep thinking that. Their going to have to come to the East and play, either the winningest High School in the State of Tennesse, or the second winningest High School in the State of Tennessee!

The State Championship just might be decited at J.Fred Johnson Stadium this Friday night!

WaCo :angry: JaCo

Edited by WaCoJaCo

I agree also. I wish this game was in the Finals. Because I can't think of any other teams that are worthy of a championship. Both teams are equal without a doubt. I hate to see one of them fall......but whoever wins, I'm supporting all the way to state. This is truly an awesome rivalry...in fact it's more than that. There is so much mutual respect between the two teams, it's unreal. Two East Tennessee Football Titans in a battle to the end. It's gonna be one heck of a football game.

God Bless.

Hey Cats Fans...

Does anyone have OR Wins' Stats?

I love numbers. If you got 'em, let us have them.

How many State Championships has OR won? ( I know of 4 )

Who is your olderst and most hated Rival?

Who is your toughest opponent?

And Skunk, help me on this. I know the Indians are young, but how does the Class Numbers break down... # of Sr's, Jr's, So's. on the Varsity Squad.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!!

Art,

Starter breakdown...

offense: seniors; RT - Lunan, RG - Bullard, LT - Powell, TE - Tritapoe, FB - Flanary,

RB - Throp, WR - Fletcher: juniors; LG - Weatherly, QB - Ferguson, RB - McMillan,

WR - Williams, WR - Hayes: sophmores; C - Kilgore.

defense: seniors; DE - Wills, DT - Hodge, DT - Lofton, DT - Lovelace, LB - Taylor,

DB - Throp, DB - Gaines: juniors; DE - Peeler, LB - McMillan, LB - Nottingham,

DB - Hardy: sophmores; DB - Moten.

Roll Tribe Roll

Art,

Here is Oak Ridge's probable starting lineup:

Offense

QB #8 Scott McMahon 6-2 205 jr.

RB #11 Corey Booker 5-8 185 sr.

RB #1 Spencer Gulmire 5-11 185 so.

WR #19 Daley Thompson 6-2 183 sr.

TE #44 James Mitchell 6-2 200 jr.

T #54 Tyler Carr 6-2 245 sr.