DOBYNS BENNETT VS OAK RIDGE

ArtVandalay

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SPEAR24,

Yes,

He was given a chance to make amends yesterday and opted not to. He is the one that walked away not the other way around. Rules are rules, they are followed or consequences occur. The initial consequence was to sit out the first half, but then the he decided to not come talk to the coaches nor show up for practice, so he chose not to participate. This is not on Coach Clark. He should be commended for being true to his rules. Can you say Keyshawn Johnson? Football is a team sport. As Coach Van Huss used to say " if you don't like being part of a team and only want to worry about yourself, uh, there are individual sports available to be played @ D-B, golf, tennis; but, don't play doubles, uh, there is a teammate involved there, too."

I'm not worried about it.

Hey, I'm mad, I didn't get my paper today until about 8:25am.

Roll Tribe Roll

OR nole,

You probably ought to try to be there by 6:15 - 6:20pm. Your height will probably be the greatest determining factor on being able to see if three deep at the fence. Go by O.R. and get tickets, we sent 500 tickets down there to you all, possibly more convenient to get them today rather than wait until you get here. There will be a tailgate dinner going on in the Dome lobby (I think that is the location, general area, anyway) that is a fund raiser for a club or organization @ D-B. Parking can be a bit crazy with a crowd like this; there is a reserved parking area that is blocked off, but, otherwise it's get there as soon as you can. Big parking

lot(s) though. The atmosphere should be electric, two great schools, high on tradition, and two outstanding teams respectfully competing against one another. Yeah, I'd say the makings of a great night. Drive carefully.

Roll Tribe Roll

Is Lamon out for the rest of the playoffs if we advance? Considering the big picture, could this hurt him with recruiting and his future in football at DB? This is such a shame for someone with so much talent to do this. I hope he has some good adult influences in his life that can help him realize he is acting childish and he will give the proper apology. I hope the team can stay focused, because as everyone said the TEAM is what is important.

The team is focused. I understand he has to make some moves today for next week or next year to be a possibilty. Yes, of course, this could effect his recruiting...he is a junior. He had some very solid adults advising him yesterday (people I certainly respect and he should, too) and he ignored their counsel.

The team is focused.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

Clark is right, and has as Im told left the door open , not for tomorrow night but for the rest of his football future at D-B. I hope #1 makes the right move, this is a great chance for a college education and some big money down the road. I dont have any doubts someone will step up tomorrow, this is a good TEAM.

Hey, I'd love to be a part of the meeting @ the ramp @ 6:00pm (for Big Ed's Pizza, delivered by 91statechamp), but I'll already be in the press box. I can look out the window and salute...I know earlier than that might be difficult on everyone coming up from Oak Ridge and for bud for certain...so, I'll try to get my stuff together early and get out there, or something. 91, you can always just bring the Big Ed's up to the press box...we'll get all this worked out, the coachT way (but, without an argument, ha, ha).

Everybody drive safely...the weather is going to be nice.

Roll Tribe Roll

As a DB fan, season ticket holder, sports coach and father of a future DB student and hopefully football player, I would like to say thank you to Coach Clark for remembering that this is High School Athletics, and respect, discipline and attitude should come before any sporting event.

For him to discipline a player for lack of respect and work effort the week before one of DB's biggest games is admirable and beyond reproach.

I have only really started watching the Tribe for this past season, and continue to be more and more impressed with the coaching staff at DB, Lamond is a great player who I am sure will be Div I and who knows after that, hopefully this will be a lesson learnt and he will continue to grow as an athlete and a man.

Well DB is deeper at receiver than any school in the state, so we'll be fine. Williams didn't contribute much since mid season anyway. Who would you rather lose off the team, Williams or........Ferguson, Flanry, Moten, Nottingham, Throp, McMillin, Gaines, Hayes, anyone off the O OR D line ? Does anyone remember how Gaines steped up against Sevier Co. He looked as good or better than Williams, so I know he has what it takes. We won't lose any games because Williams is not playing.