Congrats Greenbrier

WHHS1975

Congrats from most of us in White House on your big win tonight over Sycamore. We knew you could pull it off. I sure am glad we played you all at the first of the year. I am not so sure "the steak" would continue if we played you now. :D

Your coaches and team deserve to go all the way. Be proud of yourselves. Page, Sycamore and Marshall County will stay home (along with the Devils) and be rooting for you. The Greenbrier Bobcats are the lone survivor in Region 5-3A.

Go Beat Crockett!

Edited by WHHS1975

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats from most of us in White House on your big win tonight over Sycamore. We knew you could pull it off. I sure am glad we played you all at the first of the year. I am not so sure "the steak" would continue if we played you now. :justwrestle:

Your coaches and team deserve to go all the way. Be proud of yourselves. Page, Sycamore and Marshall County will stay home (along with the Devils) and be rooting for you. The Greenbrier Bobcats are the lone survivor in Region 5-3A.

Go Beat Crockett!

It's nice to get support from your cross town rival. You have had nothing to say but good things about our football team and our coaching staff all year.....and we really appreciate it. This is a great group of kids we have at Greenbrier.....not only on the field, but off the field as well. As you well know, we beat a very good Sycamore team and they played their hearts out tonight. It's a shame either team had to lose. That may be the largest crowd I have ever seen at Bobcat stadium.

We will have to play a error free game to compete with Crockett County next Friday. Hopefully we will have a healthy team on the field. I do know that this Greenbrier team will be up for the challenge. They have not been intimidated all year....they have not give up all year....they will fight and claw until the very end. This is this true character of our team.

Once again....thanks.....hope to see you in Greenbrier next Friday. Better get there early.

Coachhard,

You are more than welcome for the congrats. Greenbrier deserves the respect this playoffs should bring. Watching them play White House in the last two or three years, it's been obvious that a new strand of players is coming through.

Six years ago, I moved from the city of WH and moved more into "no man's land" between WH and Greenbrier. With my kids being grown, I don't get to all the WH games anymore because with some of the teams we play, well, you just already know the outcome :angry: I guess my mind reflects on the old times, and sometimes Greenbrier reminds me of the smaller WH I attended, and that draws my attention. I also remember the days of playing the Bobcats almost thirty years ago when we volleyed the wins back and forth. Granted it's great to be from WH where the town is growing and everyone is moving in, but there's just something about a little town and a little school working their way up the ladder. Kind of like watching a kid come into "their own."

Sorry to bore you here, but just wanted you and Greenbrier to know that we wish you well in the playoffs. You guys are doing great and represent Robertson County well. Keep it up.

I actually shouted out a "YES!" when I heard that Greenbrier won. You guys have an excellent program. I hope you can give us, Crockett, as good of a game as you did last year or as we got last night against Page. Your region has some exceptional talent, and you are the number 1 team in the region. So the final survivors of Region's 5 and 6 3-A will face off this Friday. Man, if that dosen't get your blood up, I don't know what does!

Congratulations on a huge win over my eagles last night. I have nothing but great things to say about Greenbriers Coaches, Players, and Fans. All very very classy. As a senior player for the War Eagles I know what goes on out on the field, and I will ensure you that no trash talking was going on. It wasn't necessary both teams have a great deal of respect for one another. If there was a team I would want to play my last high school football game against it would definitely be the Bobcats. I am speaking for everybody from Sycamore, "We will be supporting you and cheering for you to bring the State Championship to Region 5-3A. We have nothing to hang our head for. We were there when no one thought we could. It was a year of tough breaks for us but we still kept fighting. I am sorry it had to come to an end but it had to stop some where. Good Luck Bobcats!! We will be there Friday...

Congratulations on a huge win over my eagles last night. I have nothing but great things to say about Greenbriers Coaches, Players, and Fans. All very very classy. As a senior player for the War Eagles I know what goes on out on the field, and I will ensure you that no trash talking was going on. It wasn't necessary both teams have a great deal of respect for one another. If there was a team I would want to play my last high school football game against it would definitely be the Bobcats. I am speaking for everybody from Sycamore, "We will be supporting you and cheering for you to bring the State Championship to Region 5-3A. We have nothing to hang our head for. We were there when no one thought we could. It was a year of tough breaks for us but we still kept fighting. I am sorry it had to come to an end but it had to stop some where. Good Luck Bobcats!! We will be there Friday...

Ralph03,

What a classy post. Wasn't last night awesome? Like you said, the game last night was between two teams that totally respect each other. Your team, coaches and fans have definitely "got it going on" because I heard SO many people last night on the Greenbrier side that talked about how great your team was. You all definitely have nothing to be down about...your guys fought to the last second and poured their hearts into this one. Thankfully the Bobcats held out again.

We would welcome any and ALL of the 5-3A teams to come and cheer our region on as we go up against Crockett. We want them to know we represent the best region in the 3A and we are not only playing for us, but for Sycamore, Page and Marshall County.

Your last football game in your Senior year will always be one that you can be proud of. You play for a class program from Sycamore and they are a great team.

Go Big Bobcats....Go Region 5-3A!!!!!!

Ralph03....this is a class post. You appear to be a very mature young man. I can say the same thing about the Sycamore program...a class team, great coaches and kids who play hard on every down. Like I said, it was a shame either team had to lose Friday night. You have nothing to hang your heads about. I was excited when I heard about your come back victory over Southside, but very nervous about having to play you guys again....and for good reason. We were very fortunate to come out on top and have all the respect in the world for your program. I would expect Sycamore to have another good year next year as well. Garza is the best QB I have seen all year in any classification.

Best of luck to you Ralph03. You will carry the lessons you have learned in football with you the rest of your life. Glad you guys are coming up next week. We will have our hands full with Crockett.

Once again...thanks for a class post.

Sitting here reading these posts just confirms once again what a great learning tool High School Football is for our young men. My hat goes off to Greenbrier on your win against our Sycamore team. WHAT A GAME!! Ralph03, I am so proud of you and our young men and thank you for a wonderful ride!! And to Greenbrier fans, it will be a pleasure to sit with you on Friday night and cheer on our Region 5-3A Champs. I do not want to sit on the visitors side again. Seriously, 2 of the wooden bleachers split last week while all of us were jumping up and down. I knew we were all going down and I certainly didn't want to miss one second of that game. It's a shame our Athletic Programs are left our during the Budget Process for our counties. Best of Luck Friday night.

Man, this region is the best I have seen it in years. Page was a fantastic opponent for Crockett, and Greenbrier has a better chance than Page of pulling off the win. Man, you guys are killin' this year. I didn't expect you to put out all but 1 6-3A team in one night.

Good luck Friday and may the best team win.