walkenvol aka mccallieman

Guest HenryHanson

Guest HenryHanson

Hey Walkenvol,

I read on another thread where you made the following post.

I've heard some troubling rumors that even though Ward and Keller won their wrestle offs, that they are not going to be awarded the varsity position............... Let's hope that there is no truth to those rumors.

I had to wipe the croc tears off of the screen to read it. It's unbelievable that you would make a post concerning Ward and Keller. For those that know you, it is common knowledge that you could care less about any non-McCallie wrestler. The " between the lines" truth about your post was, " You were hoping Ward and Keller would NOT be starting. I am sure any success by any ex-DI wrestler keeps you awake at night.

I cut you some slack last season but not this year. One last thing. Did you know there are more current college wrestlers from Dickson County HS than there are from McCallie?

Henry Hanson

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanson you are mistaken. Walkenvol is a true fan of the sport and has done more for DI programs than you could ever imagine. You are way off base on this one my man. I do know him and I can assure you that his comments were sincere.

xbody

Edited by xbody

I purposely didn't respond to this garbage, waiting for it to go down the disposal where it belongs. Since it's at the top of the page, I'd like to say something about this silly nonsense and put it to rest once and for all.

Walkenvol doesn't know me, but I know him and of his good deeds. He's a credit to the community he dedicates himself to. There's a thousand kids who have benefited from his generosity and selflessness.

His good character and devotion to sportsmanship stand on their own. No braying from a jackass is going to take away from that. Action speaks louder than words and Walkenvol's speaks volumes. We need not say anything else.

We can find better subjects to direct our attention to, let this one die.

Edited by ijtx

If you guys say that people should not second guess others, then why do you second guess logsdon and his decision tonot wrestle schools that recruit wrestlers from other programs instead of using what they have like public schools do? It seems like we might be contradicting ourselves by standing up for walkenvol's decision and not logsdon. Seems very convenient boys.

ps Confusious says: Man who ride fence get sore crotch

Pokey poked it. It was only a matter of time until someone dredged up the old "they steal all our good wrestlers! They recruit!" BS. This argument is as flawed as the Ford Pinto. If your school (not necessarily you Pokey but everyone)does not have good wrestlers, its because your school does not have good athletes, good coaches, good listeners (you might have to think about that one), good believers, good hard workers. The only people I have ever seen complain about recruiting and how it made their team weak did so to make up for their own shortcomings. Guys, I have problems with schools like Baylor, McCallie, MBA, Ryan more than you will know. But tell me how schools, like Baylor and MBA especially, show up with prissy white boys without with neither McTorry-esque bodies or skills, and pummel everyone around? They listen, their parents care, they are well coached, they are all around smart and work hard in everything they do.

I got off on a rant but this box is one I stepped upon to show my frustration that the "you guys recruit" or "we wont wrestle them because its not fair" speeches still exists in TN wrestling. How are we to move fowards if people keep pointing fingers to the past, and this tired argument.

-Stovepipe dba The Holder...