melrose at jcm

juicyt

Now i know that alot of people are going to disagree with me for saying this, but i realy do beleive that jcm has a chance in this game. They have been playing greeat ever since their complete meltdown against milan. the lineman have been creating great holes for november to run through and the wide receivers are finaly starting to catch the ball. Also jcm has only thrown 1 interception in their last 6 games. but i would have to say that the biggest diference is the attitude and the leadership. Our senoirs have realy been steeping up lately. but im taking jcm in this one

p.s. leave an explanation of why u chose that team please

Edited by juicyt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won`t predict a JCM win by any means. By all accounts Melrose should be favored to win. But it won`t surprise me if JCM pulls this game out. Melrose has a great team and has had a great season....

Sat Aug. 23 Christian Brothers Liberty Bowl- 4:30 L 8-10

Fri Aug. 29 at Trezevant W 40-0

Fri Sep. 5 Ridgeway R W 35-3

Fri Sep. 12 at Whitehaven W 53-28

Fri Sep. 19 Fairley R W 26-0

Fri Sep. 26 Hamilton W 38-0

Fri Oct. 3 Wooddale R W 63-0

Sat Oct. 18 Memphis East R W 35-0

Fri Oct. 31 Craigmont R W 41-12

Fri Nov. 7 Haywood W 55-7

Fri Nov. 14 Hardin Co. W 48-0

We`ve had 2 common opponents

We beat Haywood 28-7 at Haywood. This was the week we made some changes and started playing good ball.

The other was Craigmont. We won 28-2, but dropped two td passes that could have made it 42-2.

We`ll have a hard time to beat them and must play a near perfect game. If November can get a few holes and we can keep their offense off the field then we have a shot at the upset.

I'm not gonna say that jcm isnt a good team but i do think that melrose with pull out a win and possibly be seeing maryville in the state championship. JCM has had the advantage of team speed the whole season but to my record Melrose with come with a much faster team. I dont know if anybody knows about Melrose's tradition of giving the fastest player on the team the golden cleats. But from what i have heard, this year not only one person wheres the shoes but "two" players where the golden spikes. That is their quarterback and running back. If JCM doesnt hit him at the line it is gonna be a long nite because it is gonna hard to run them down after they break.

I'm picking Melrose.

35-14

I really hate to do this, because the last time I did I had Hardin County fans ready to rip my head off. But I'm going to do it again. Melrose by a lot. No disrespect to JCM, because I have seen you guys play on several occasions, and you have a really fine program. I may sound like a broken record, but Melrose is a finely tuned machine. Their one weakness, as I noticed from the game film against Hardin County, is their propensity to commit penalties. The laundry flew all night against the Golden Wildcats, and most of the calls were legitimate. However, I am sure Coach Ingram is well aware of the problem. Look for a more disciplined group to show up Friday night in Jackson. My prediction: with their team speed, talent, and overall fine coaching, Melrose will come away safely with another win.

Melrose 42 JCM 10

P.S. I never heard the story about the Golden cleats, but several of the Melrose skill postition players are sporting the Golden kicks.

Edited by brothers15

ok....no disrespect to JCM because i really like to see them do well, they are a good ball team, but i really believe that this game is probably going to be a melrose romp...they just have too too much talent and too too much speed, i have heard that melrose has 8!...thats 8 division 1 NCAA college prospects on their team...i mean, they are stacked with exceptional players and i just really dont see jcm winning this game, but good luck to them, they are good.....GOOD LUCK!

Even though JCM is from my region, I am gonna pick Melrose by at least 20 points. JCM is a good team, but Melrose is a great team. I really hope that my prediction is wrong, but I'm afraid it won't be.

Melrose has good athletes who are good at what they do. That also says a lot about their coach. I don't care how much natural talent you have, without coaching there is no way a team could be as good as they are.

Good luck JCM. You're definitely gonna need it.

Okay, here is the Melrose rundown. They run a predominately spread offense usually consisting of 3 and 4 receivers. One of their favorite formations is the slot with a tight end. They will, on occasion put the tight end in the slot position giving them a doubles look. They vary rarely running anything other than one back. They are a very strong passing team, especially behind the arm of Antonio Heffner. However, when you have two speedy, elusive backs of the caliber of Joseph Doss and Joshua Hinds (#'s 5 and 3 respectively), the draw can be your very best friend. Like most teams with running and passing capabilities, Melrose often runs the play-action. While usually not in the drawn-up manner, Heffner likes to scramble out of the pocket and he is very hard to get a hat on. He is a PLAYMAKER and just when you think the pocket is about to collapse around him, he nails a long ball or finds an open target for big yardage. Their defense doesn't particularly stand out, but they are extremely fast! Their strengths include team speed, great coaching, and little things (i.e Josh Hinds 40 some odd yd. run to set up a TD against HC. He cuts back to the other side of the field, and his receivers are still working their tails off to throw blocks when the play is going away from them).

Edited by brothers15

I really hate to do this, because the last time I did I had Hardin County fans ready to rip my head off. But I'm going to do it again. Melrose by a lot.

I don`t think anyone from here is going to rip you. That`s your opinion and your entitled to it. Besides after the early loss to CBHS the closest anyone has come to Melrose is 25 points so picking Melrose by a lot is not hard to do.

I have also heard that Melrose has a knack for drawing penalties. Could hurt them if the game is close. Which it could be if JCM can move the ball on the ground and keep it out of Melrose`s hands.

When is the last time you saw JCM?

after practice today it looks like melrose runs about 6 diferent plays. alot of zones stretches(sweeps) and dive, plus the qb draw . then they like to run it up the gut alot and then pull a fake run qb keeper to the outside . i guees you would call it a sweep with heffner. But to me it seems like they are more dangerous running the ball than passing it. also from what ive heard is that alot of games that they have played this year melrose's opponents have made many turnovers and crucial mistakes. which most of them resulted in easy points for melrose i honestly do think that we can handle them. we jus have to stay focussed and not be intimmidated by the reputation and what we hear from other people about how they are gonna jus dog us and beat our brains in. Just hope that we can keep playing our game. I just hope that its not a blow out either way it goes.

p.s. november 1459 yards rushing......the last 6 games hard to beat that

Edited by juicyt