High School Bands

twh06

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so glad Franklin is going away from being a "SHOW" band and is working more toward being a Pep Band. For years we've listened to really slow, boring marching tunes and watched for precision. Now the kids have fun and get into the game.

Last year if you asked a band member what the score was in the third quarter of our ball game, they didn't have a clue. Now when its third and six they are arguing over play selection ( and I don't mean tunes!) They are the Rebel Yell!

Edited by BigDogDaddy

BDD, I am envious of your bands "participation" last Friday night. If you noticed, our band leaves the start of the second quarter to warm up, performs, eats during the third, and shows up for the fourth. One instance where the drum corps was pounding away as Welch had the huddle not 10 yards from them. But I don't blame the kids. Had a game last year where the bands reward was NOT to travel to an away game. They had a competition in the first round and we had no band against Glencliff. Too often we have to scramble to find something to add to the home field advantage. It is what it is and won't change, so we live with it. At least they don't play when we have the ball anymore.

Best of luck Friday-keep the jewelry in Williamson!

You know me as a drum major knows that bands dont get near enough support as they need!! They go out there learn music,drill(formations on the field),stands music, warmups,marching fundamentals,horn carriage,horn angles,etc... I know some bands that work harder than any football team for example Forrest High school, Mt Pleasant, Perry Co i could go on if i wanted my point is is that people need to support bands as much as they do sports everyone thinks sports is GOD but they dont realize how much work and effort it takes to be in band. So the next time your band is on the field stand up scream yell and make some noise show them they are appreciated it will make them better trust me. And if your band has public concerts attend they appreciate PR as much as anyone. By the way Wayne County High School Symphonic Band has their annual Christmas Concert on Thursday December 11th at 7:00p.m. at the High School Cafeteria. Everyone is invited to attend. This years theme is "A Swingin Christmas" so come and go support our and your band.