Coffee Co. Football

futurecoach

Price will leave when Nunley graduates. I hope he won't, but just look at his coaching history. He went to CC becasue he saw they had the talent with the addition of Nunley to win some games for a year or two, and make him look like a genius. We'll see, but history says he is gone after next season.

Edited by mynameis

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally some one that sees what I saw.

Is Nunley good sure but you will never go very far against good 5a teams with one player. It really seemed to me CC was actually trying to be sure he got his 100+

yards I mean one back set on 3rd and 13 and give it to him up the middle for 6 yrds???

I will say it again CC will be better with him getting a 1000 to 1400 yrds and getting others involved. I will put it like this my mother in law could line up at receiver for CC and if I was another offensive skill player on CC I would feel wasted.

Edited by 82cat

I dont follow Coffee Co. that much but it seems that I read before last season that CC had an excellent QB (dont know the name) that got hurt during a summer scrimage and that they had to go to a run oriented offense. Bill Price is an excellent hard nosed coach who will play to his teams strengths. I watched him at Soddy Daisy and at Bradley Central....... he does like to run the ball.... but he isnt affaid of the pass..... he was a QB at Red Bank in the late 70's. When he was at Bradley he ran the ball most of the time but when he was at Soddy Daisy he had a better mix. They seemed to run to set up the pass.....they had an excellent big play receiver in Connell Jones who could score from anywhere. I havent seen Nunley play but If the hype is true he's going to be Price's horse but if the other tallent is there he will find a way to use it.

Good Luck Coffee County thumb

For those who did/do follow Coffee Co Football, you know that the qb went down one week before the season started. A sophmore became the starting qb. Injuries were a factor on the team all year (just like most teams). Coffee did what they had to do to win. Remember, the whole coaching staff changed last year as well. (82cat) Say what you want, the TEAM played hard, did what was asked of them, and had SUCCESS...something they haven't had in a while. The Red Raiders have worked hard during the off season and are a better football team. Will they do more things this year? If you saw them in spring you know the answer is YES!

The place i question his coaching is the refusal to punt. there were too many occasions when the raiders were at midfield with 4th and 4,5, or 6 and we handed the ball off to the running back. the success to failure ratio wasn't very successful either, although there were few occasions when he looked good when nunley shot up the middle for a 20 yard gain. a little conservatism will win games in the long haul.

also, if he ever wants to rise above mediocrity and go far in the playoffs, he will definitly have to find new offensive weapons. Nunley still got the carries against Lincoln Co. and Smyrna, but he avg. little better than 2 yards per carry in those two games(no td's either). gotta have a game plan to surprise the stronger opponents if you want a chance to win big games in my opinion.