Marshall County Football

miketiger727

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The assistant coaches lost their supplements three years ago. The head coaching job appears to have turned into more of a fundraising position to get those guys paid. All that extra work takes a little fun out of coaching and takes away a lot of time watching your kids grow up.

I was unaware that Coach Tharp didn't handle the playcalling. Even though SHS ran the spread, does he favor the run, or does he favor the pass? Either way Marshall County is very lucky to have Coach Tharp. We are excited about him joining our football program.

Don't you think that it's a little odd that a coach would leave a school for another school in the SAME REGION? And more over, take a step down on the coaching ladder from head to assistant. And EVEN more over, Coach Tharp beat Marshall this year. There must really be something brewing at the Jack M. Keny training facility in Lewisburg...... Only time will tell....

Edited by IHatePage

I haven't heard it officially but I truly hope that it is true -- Tommy Tharpe has always been high on my list of good coaches. He will bring a lot to Marshall County and only good things can come from them.

I look forward to being around him in the coming years.

IF IT IS TRUE and you read this Coach Tharpe --Remember I told you 2 years ago at the East West game you looked good in Blue and Now you Really Look Good In Blue

And as far as a head coach stepping down -- we as fans really never know what goes on between an administration and a coach -- some suppot the programs and some don't -- Marshall county has tons of support from the administration and a very good Quarterback Club behind the Program ---

Coach Tharp stepping down had nothing to do with the administration, they were always behind him. He is just tired of the imcompatency of Cheatham Counties excuse for a school board. And he's stepping down to an assistant coach because he wants more time with his family because the last few years he hasn't had much of that.

I wasn't saying that admin didn't support him. I was just giving an example of why a head coach would want to step down -- I personally could care less why he stepped down (if he has/did).

Like I said before if it is true -- I am elated for the enitre program -- I think it is a boost for the program and the entire school system.

LiLome -- shed some light on your post -- are you referring to the part time assistant that isn't returning next year ??? If so it was his decision to pursue other interests and not come back to coach the freshman team.