Marshall County Football

miketiger727

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since your handle is HL whatever that would mean it is directed at you. Be careful means you might be assuming to much in your last statement.

Shotgun 5-wide, or Mr. Smith, or whatever, don't be so egotistical to assume that you are the only fellow in the world who has ever gotten into the shotgun. Very little, if any of the offense is even similiar to our system.

Well young man, unless you were at the Sunday meetings or on the headphones on friday nights I suspect neither you nor I know the complete truth. Coach Tharp in my eyes is a work behind the scenes guy who lets his coaches coach, but still has his fingers on the pulse of exactly whats going on.

Man, shotgunfivewide, I am glad to finally know the truth about Sycamore's offense. I KNEW that LA cajun and that FL gatorbait didn't know enough about football to come up with that complicated spread offense. I've got to get myself that book!

Hey, maybe the Sycamore coaches can write their own book about how they owe all their success to the Ezell Harding system. B)

Yes, Francis is correct. I called the defense for Coach Tharp this year. He worked directly with me in designing the game plans everyweek. He did let me coach how I wanted to coach, and he let me call the defense as I wanted. BUT, with every call he talking to me about what he thought the offense might do next, when to bring pressure, when to play base defense, and what coverage to run. Coach Tharp was great to work with. He will be missed. Now, it will be fun to coach against him and hopefully defeat him. I know Coach Mac from his days at Moore County, and I know the caliber of coach he is. Both he and Coach Tharp will be deadly together.

miketiger -- you started this thread --if you didn't have all the facts why did you start this thread --

My suggestion ---don't speak until you know what you are going to say ---

When Mac wants it announced it will be announced, if it indeed has gone down like everyone says/thinks. If you want any questions answered I suggest you ask him -- not someone on this post who isn't in on the mix

Please people -- don't look upon Marshall County by those who have no idea of what they are talking/posting about.

Francis, I never said Coach Tharp didn't know any of the offense. And like CoachDG said, he was always making sure he knew everything that was going on with both sides of the ball, which means he had to keep his mind on everything. But I thought the OC would know it a little bit better than Tharp because that's all the OC thinks about is offense, he doesn't really have to concern himself with the defense.

Edited by HLfan68

No offense to any of you guys, but I think some of you have bashed Coach Tharp enough. I know you didn't mean to do it, but everyone has had a chance to say what they think on this subject. Mac will continue to do what he thinks is best for his team as he always has done.

Good look to the Marshall County Football Program and I hope everything works out well for all of your Tiger Fans!