CHRIS WOODEN-- a difference to DCA

atkins_wayne.co

DCA is not lucky with Wooden, they are lucky to have Wooden. Your are correct in saying DCA would not have made it past CPA without the play of Wooden. That night, Wooden was the difference, he would not be denied. I think his fire and desire incited the play of his teammates. Last night, from what I hear, mostly without him, his team stepped up and did what had to be done. I hope Wooden can heal up enough to carry DCA all the way. Good Luck DCA.

Chris Wooden is simply put, the best player in DCA's history. (And yes, I know all about Scooter Edwards. I know someone will bring that up.) If Wooden stayed healthy this year and was able to rack up a couple hundred yards these last few games, he'd have had a chance to break DCA's rushing record. He still may have a chance even with his injury, but it's a little doubtful. Anyway, for those that saw the game friday, you know that just his presence on the field fires up the team. Congrats to Wooden for playing when everyone, including the doctors said you couldn't, and congrats to Matt Meacham for being the dominating back when Wooden was hurt.

DCA has had a long tradition of great tailbacks, Wooden is just a product of the program. Its time for DCA to give the head coach Dennis Goodwin the respect that he deserves. He has been a loyal coach throughout the years at DCA, even the times when those who had axes to grind tried to get rid of him. His program has produced many great tailbacks, Jamie Woods, Jeremy Lyons, & Chris Patton, just to name a few. Love him or hate him, you have to respect the job he has done at DCA. He has produced winners, even when he has not had the support of the DCA community. Its time that the DCA community appreciate the job he has done and support him, not just the players.

Coach Goodwin has had the tradition of shaking all of his players hands for a long time. Most of the players that are on the team have gone to DCA from the first grade and have had relatives play there. Coach Goodwin has carried on the winning tradition of DCA football, started by Ken Redman. He has been apart of every DCA state champion team. He is one of the most underrated coaches in Nashville. I hope when he decides to retire the DCA community will recognize him in some special way. He is very deserving.