RHS freshman Anne Marie Lanning

hs sports fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why isn't mosheda pettus starting?

Politics, politics, politics.....Pettus is clearly the best player on the team but to have her start constantly would take points away from other players that Coach Burt wants to "shine". However, when it comes down to the last minute in the game and they need a 3-point shot, Pettus will be the one taking it! :D

I don't think politics is the right assessment. Without a doubt Pettus could be starting for the lady warriors, but do you think it is all about who starts. If so, then you are mistaken, it is who finishes. Now, Pettus has already signed with UAH. Do you think she might have slacked off a little since she already has her ride. I have seen it happen. What about this, do you think the coach may feel she brings a much needed spark off the bench. Who knows? I do not think it is politics.

Good Luck

By the way, Lanning will become an extremely good player. Remember she is a freshman and will have some off nights and the road will not always be easy.

Edited by Coach2001

Guest Oakland

i have seen anne marie play before, and she is a talent but i will reserve my judgement until she plays blackman,oakland,cookeville and white co, if she scores 20+ on all of these teams, then i will be impressed

I think Anne Marie is a great player. She will be good even in the big games. The seniors on this team have a lot of heart and have a special bond. This kind of bond goes a long way in big games. Lets not judge anyone yet because it's still early in the season and all the basketball teams have a long way to go.

The only thing you people talk about is how many points someone scores. Some coaches run up the score or leave scorers in in blowouts. You may average 12 for one team and 22 if you played elsewhere.What about assist, rebounds ,, and in my opinion the most important, defense.Good teams and good players play exellent D.

Your crazy if you think the only thing Ree does is score. She would average 30 points a game if she didnt pass up so many shots to get her teammates involved, she draws alot of attention from defenders which leaves the perimeter player open for kick out 3's and as for her rebounding,.............well good luck keeping her off the boards. She is the real deal, plain and simple. She has got the total package and what gets me is she is a 15 year old freshman..........THATS CRAZY.

I wasn't running down Ms lanning at all . I just wanted to know if she could do anything but score because I know lots of scorers that do not have a complete game.I Have never seen her play so I pass no judgement on her at all.I would imagine she can do it all but wanted to here because most people judge a good b-ball player on points alone.I figure scoriig is about 30% of ones game.