receivers were unbelievable. Some of the diving fingertip

catches were amazing.

I am curious to know why Coach Flatt didn't take more

chances on defense (blitz and/or tighter coverage on the

corners).

It was a great season for both schools. As a BA fan, I

hate to see the silver ball again. However, there are

five other schools that wish they had the opportunity

to be playing for the gold or silver ball.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to the MBA seniors for another fantastic year of football. It has been a joy to watch many of you play since the 7th grade. All of us connected with the Big Red family have known you are a special group for a long time. Some memories fade with time, but the accomplishments of this team will be remembered for years to come.

I also want to express my sincere appreciation to the coaching staff. Your ability to teach the fundamentals of the game along with the sacrifice and discipline required to be successful is remarkable. But more than that, you are men of honor and integrity, and I thank you for what you teach our sons about life. We are blessed to have each one of you as a part of the MBA family.

Congratulations to the Brentwood Academy Eagles on another great year of football. With a 10-2 record and a second place finish in the state this year, you have much to be proud of. You beat some mighty good football teams this year. Good luck to all of the Eagle seniors in the future.

I'm curious as to why the BA offense didn't seem to be in any sort of a hurry up mode there late in the third. At that point, down by three scores, you gotta be hurrying it up a little. I don't think it would have helped tonight, though.

Yes, some of those catches... wow!

Coach Flatt always tends to go with the strengths of his team, and I think he was hoping that somebody could break a long one. With a relatively inexperienced quarterback and corps of receivers, BA's weaknesses were exploited all night by a very focused and well coached MBA team. I don't place the blame on the coaches or the players...thay simply lost to a better team. That happens.

I agree with you, FHSrebel27 (BTW, good luck to Franklin next week - I know you're on Cloud 9). Even late in the fourth (with about 5:00 to go), on the drive that ended in the INT by MBA, BA was down three scores (3 TDs and 3 2-point conversions) yet was not running any kind of hurry-up offense.

Every time I head the MBA crowd start chanting "Roll! Red! Roll!" tonight, I thought about you! I knew you had to be just ecstatic! Congratulations! (And hopefully we'll get the job done this week, we'll see though!)

Coach Flatt always tends to go with the strengths of his team, and I think he was hoping that somebody could break a long one. With a relatively inexperienced quarterback and corps of receivers, BA's weaknesses were exploited all night by a very focused and well coached MBA team. I don't place the blame on the coaches or the players...thay simply lost to a better team. That happens.

Oh no, no. Don't think I'm doubting Coach Flatt's choices, and that's pretty much what I figured. MBA got up big and that was key. They made BA either stick with the ground game that takes time (though, Townsend did break a couple, and I thought BA might come back... seemed like you'd be that close to breaking one, but the MBA D was great) or make them throw which they had only done 88 times all year (Griffin that is). Trust me, I respect Coach Flatt, and I respect the BA team. I wasn't trying to blame anyone. I guess what I should have said is "can you not run the ball out of the hurry-up offense?" instead of making it seem as if I was questioning anyone that bad. You know what I'm saying?

The MBA players showed great class. I respect them for that. It is easy to show class when you are winning on the field. I give BA props for showing great class as losers. The only problem with MBA's class comes from their fans and parents. It is sickening. I wish I could explain this further.

WatchThis, you played a GREAT game tonight. Your effort was admirable and didn't go unnoticed. :D

The MBA players showed great class. I respect them for that. It is easy to show class when you are winning on the field. I give BA props for showing great class as losers. The only problem with MBA's class comes from their fans and parents. It is sickening. I wish I could explain this further.

Chill. It's over.