Moore County Coach

spanarkle

THIS THREAD IS GETTING OFF THE SUBJECT. WHAT IS THE COACHING SITUATION? WHO HAS APPLIED? IS THERE A SET DATE TO HIRE? WHO WILL MAKE THE CALL, THE SUPER, THE PRINCIPPAL, OR A COMMITTEE? WILL MONTOYE AND CHRISTIAN STAY IF NOT HIRED? I PERSONALLY THINK COACH M. SHOULD GET THE CHANCE.

The school board is still waiting for the official resignation from Coach P. That is supposed to happen at the next meeting this month. I do believe that Ricky Rice might be interested. Coach Montoye was promised the job when he came from North Jr. High. But since then some issues has come up. I look for someone from outside the system to get the job.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see, Womack a paid assistant? He has no teaching degree. Was not employed by the school as a teacher in any form. If he was paid I think we might have broken some rules. Did the booster club give him money under the table? NO! NO! I believe someone is talking out the wrong side of their mouth. Only Sinjin! How about it APSUgov. You say he was paid then you are opening a can of worms that you better be able to prove or your credibility just went down a few notches.

Hey Sinjin and Burley,

Please leave me out of your conversations. Burley you too! Please! I'm no longer a part of Marshall county's coaching staff. Nor will I be anywhere else. Yes, I was a paid volunteer assistant without a teaching degree. Who cares! I refuse to get caught up in this conversation about the coaching situation at Moore Co. or Marshall Co.

Sinjin, please watch what can of worms you open! Out of respect Sinjin, please end the conversation about me. I don't get on here and talk about a coach or a player.

Burley, I need you to do the same.

Thanks,

27mojo aka Womack

Blueboy,

When is the next board meeting this month? Has anyone put their name in yet? Do you know if anyone else is interested other than the in house coaches and maybe Rice? What kind of chances do the in house coaches have? Any? Will any stay if all they are offered are assistant positions. When will they make their decision on the replacement? Will they try to get someone in the sysem quick in order to be with the kids and get them ready for spring or will they just let them do spring and start next school year? Good luck MC.

Orange, stick to the topic. who cares what rhymes.

Not to intrude Slowenz,

Well Orange, I did not know you were Sherlock Holmes. It only took for me to write about a hundred post for you and others to figure me out.( After I told yall who I was). Stick to your day job becasue you stink at rhyming. B) By the way since everyone knows who I am, move on with the topic.

Edited by BURLEY

Get ye some big BOB. Good to see you still kicking. I don't know who has applied and who has not. Nobody I know is talking. I am sure Montoye has applied though, and not sure about Christian. He may want Montoye to have his shot cause he knows he is still young and has some things to learn.

Blueboy,

Has he finally turned in his resignation to the school board? I know you said he was suppose to do it at the next meeting.

Sinjin,

What does it matter if Christian is young or if Montoye has more experience. They both still have plenty to learn just like any one else. When you get to the point that you think you cant learn, its time to hang up the whistle and find a new profession. Look at some of the other coaches around the mid-state. I am not trying to be negative but I think sometimes we associate age with wisdom/knowledge and that dont always hold true. Its the STAFF and Administration thats going to turn things around, not just one coach. Good luck MC!

Support the program and the kids.

SLOWNEZ, You read way more into what I wrote that what was actually written. I NEVER said they thought they had learned all there was to learn. I will be the first one to say when you have stopped learning you should hang it up. Example: A coach in our region in Maury County that finally called it quits last year. He stopped learning about 6 years ago. Look what they did this year. Montoye and Christian will be the first ones to tell you they don't know everything.

I know it takes a good staff and Administration to turn things around. BUT, there is not a lot that has to be turned around. A few turnovers and some bonehead plays and we are 9 and 2 in the 2nd round of the playoffs. I think that is probably where we should of gotten beat.

You sound as though you want Christian to get the job. That's great. Personally I will take either one of them. I think they are both hard working, dedicated teachers, and are both winners.

You may disagree with me but that is my opinion.

Well I apologize if you think i read more into it than you meant. I know you didnt say that they knew everything. So i guess we both read into each others post a little to much. As for the turnovers and bone head plays, that could be said for any team in the state. Thats just excuses. Dont get me wrong i am not saying that you are trying to make excuses for the team. Things happen, we just learn to get past them. Football is a game of inches and about 4 or 5 plays that will decide the game. I dont deny that they are both hard workers and dedicated teachers. However, as for me wanting Christian to get the job, well you read a little to much into that. I would have to agree with Blueboy on the change. I would like to have someone from outside the system. That being said, we both have our opinions but i believe we both want whats best for MC football; a Staff/Administration that is dedicated to the program and has the kids best interest in mind. Good luck MC!

If MC gets Rice they will improve tremendously. Just having a great coach like him makes all the difference to the kids. He's a great coach, and he is always respected and very well liked by everyone he is associated with. He is the caliber of coach that M.C. needs. He would set you all straight (fence walkers included). I just wonder if all the ruckus you guys have raised (on the M.C. coaches and the situation) will have an impact on anyone who might be interested. Good luck finding a new coach. M.C. has lots of talent and they need a new coach to exploit it. :D