Class 1A championship game?

GoBucs21

It doesn't matter who DCA plays. The top 3 teams from Region 5 could beat anyone else in the state.

Congratulations DCA.

2003 Division I Class A State Champions.

Funny thing the ones doing the ranking don't think so. As for Ezell they were a 1 win flash for the state title. They thought all they had to do was win 1 and it would just be handed to them year after year they found it wasn't quite that easy.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right krp,

50 wins in four years in the toughest region in the state with a state championship is a one win flash.

Not to mention they were eliminated last year by the team that would win state and it went down to the wire this year with the team that will win state.

I've said it before I'll say it again, some of these so called powerhouses from around the state (Boyd, Cloudland, etc...) would be lucky to make the playoffs in

5-1A and would almost never have a home playoff game.

It's like someone from C-USA arguing they could hang in the SEC. You might have a good team, you might sneak up on a team every now and again, but the bottom line is the top to bottom depth and you just aren't going to be able to hang.

amontague Posted on Nov 29 - 02:14 PM

Now that you know how the Fayette vs DCA game went, do you think that luck is anything but the reason DCA is in the finals?

If you think DCA lucked up on the championship game, I guess you could say yes.kinda. They are extremely lucky to have a very good, dedicated coach in Coach Goodwin. They are fortunate to have many good football players that come to play every game and give their all. The only luck DCA has had this year was "bad luck" in Wooden and Meacham getting injured in the playoffs. Still they will show up on Friday and play just as hard as Boyd. The best team that day will win. Good luck to both.