We need a new athletic association

southernpride

THE NEW ASSOCIATION COULD BE FORMED BY THE TENNESSEE SCHOOL BOARD ASSOCIATION.THESE ARE PEOPLE WHO HAVE KNOWLEDGE OF THE ENTER WORKINGS OF THE OF SCHOOL SYSTEMS STATE WIDE. I AGREE A FOUR CLASS SYSTEM WOULD BE GREAT. IT SHOULD BE BASED ON ENROLLMENT. GO FROM THE LARGEST TO SMALLEST DIVIDE BY FOUR. INCLUDE THE SCHOOLS WHO DON'T PLAY FOOTBALL. THIS WILL KEEP THE SCHOOL ENROLLMENTS CLOSER TOGETHER. ALL TEAMS WILL COMPLETE FOR EACH SPORTS TITLE IN THE DISTRICT THEY ARE ASSIGNED. A ROUND ROBIN SYSTEM DETERMINES CHAMPIONS. THIS PLAN WAS INTRODUCED TO THE T.S.S.A.A. IN 1996.THEY CLAIMED THERE WAS TO MUCH TRAVEL.THIS WOULD KEEP YOUR NATURAL RIVALRIES IN ALL SPORTS A SIDE NOTE. BA IS PUSHING FOR EVERYONE TO BE TOGETHER OR A TOTAL SPLIT. I MYSELF THINK THE 2.0 PLAN COULD WORK. USE FOUR CLASSES.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Itzme,

That was a compliment to Brentwood and its history of putting a high quality product on the field, a proud history that remains strong.

We can use MBA, McCallie, Christian Brothers, or whomever you like. We are not the "big bad Bully" but rather the well coached over-achievers.

Roll Red Roll

Itzme,

That was a compliment to Brentwood and its history of putting a high quality product on the field, a proud history that remains strong.

We can use MBA, McCallie, Christian Brothers, or whomever you like. We are not the "big bad Bully" but rather the well coached over-achievers.

Roll Red Roll

So what you are saying is the reason BA (with 300 students) wins is because of the coaching staff. If that were true...then their coaching staff could take over at Clay County...and in a couple of years...they could beat Riverdale. Is that what you are saying? They could not only beat Riverdale...they could consistently beat them.

Itzme,

We can use MBA, McCallie, Christian Brothers, or whomever you like.  We are not the "big bad Bully" but rather the well coached over-achievers.

Roll Red Roll

So what you are saying is the reason BA (with 300 students) wins is because of the coaching staff. If that were true...then their coaching staff could take over at Clay County...and in a couple of years...they could beat Riverdale. Is that what you are saying? They could not only beat Riverdale...they could consistently beat them.

I would contribute a thousand dollars myself to any private school staff that would go to REd Boiling, Clay Co., Jackson CO., Lexington, etc... and show everyone that it really is just good coaching and hard work.

Itzme,

We can use MBA, McCallie, Christian Brothers, or whomever you like.  We are not the "big bad Bully" but rather the well coached over-achievers.

Roll Red Roll

Antwan,

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Their coaching staff is that good.

Itzme,

Roll Red Roll

Antwan,

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Their coaching staff is that good.

You have lost any credibility that you may have had before that statement. They are not that good.

Here's the problem Caesar,

You could never pull it off because even in the new association not everyone could win a state championship and you would still be whining and complaining. You'd have 8 different divisions still and there still would be people unhappy.

Whilst the private schools would line up and play football.

That is why they win, no politicking, no BS fighting between coaches, parents, schools boards, al-Qaeda, whoever.

Maybe, if you would line up, play football and quit spending 30 hours a week arguing about the public private split it would become the non-issue it really is.

You know what they say about pay back and well this is the payback for the years privates had it rung up on them by East Rob, Moore Co., Trousdale, South Pitt, etc....

Time to pay the piper (with interest).

I say take the current Divison II 1a and 2a, add region 5 privates , region 7 privates, Goodpasture, and Lipscomb, and you have yourself one nasty league. (CAK, Friendship, and Boyd too.)

Give that four or five years to get off the ground and I'd bet three of my uncle's goats that they could give any public school in the state all they'd ever want.

Don't worry, you'll get your split as soon as the privates get even for the crap that publics have been dishing out for 20 years.

Antwan,

There are some very good coaches in the public school ranks. Names like Fitzgerald, Quarles, Anderson, and Rankin come to mind to name a few. They are solid coaches with strong pedigrees; however, Brentwood Academy and MBA not only have head coaches with great credentials, but they also have fantastic position coaches. One of the things that I admire most about the MBA staff is the fact that they adapt very well to their personnel. In addition, they never think that they know everything; they constantly are in search of new schemes and continue to review and critique their existing ones.

The biggest problem I see with Rutledge's staff going to a public school would be not knowing the make-up of the student body. At MBA, he is blessed to have a very respectful and dutiful student body. I am in no way saying that there are not public school student bodies that have the same strengths; I am just saying that at MBA, the kids have no other choice. If they are not, they don't stay in school there. The result is a fantastic group of young men willing to learn and work their butts off. Yes, they have solid talent, but I have seen some Melrose teams that have tons of more talent than MBA had this year. What I do not know is how a Rutledge staff would do there.

It scares me to think what Rutledge could do with a Lincoln County or Dobyns Bennett.

I wish yuou well.

FlyBy