East Tennessee Freshman Teams

bballin20

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to rate young players especially those that you have coached. To dodge the question, I will list several names and a possible comment or two about them. Also, those that played middle school may not play high school and football season plays a big part in the ratings.

Loudon- Has the most depth of the freshman group in Loudon County. They are just great athletes with alot of work ethic. To keep from mentioning some names and leaving off others I'll mention that Josh Hawkins starts for Loudon High Varsity and scored around or over double digits last night. However, Josh is even better on the football field. Caleb McCollister is a very solid post player who may see varsity time early in his career. He has a bright future. Other solid players include: Wiley Brakebill, Chad Jenkins, Bobby Russell, Michael Langley, Daniel Hampton, Charlie Hampton, and Tyler Roberts.

Players to watch out for from this group if other sports don't conflict are Seth Lyle, Marquis Hampton and Brakebill. Marquis could surprise some people.

Lenoir City- This is also a deep group maybe not as deep as Loudon but the core is really good. The best possible canidate for varsity this year is Lucas Hamilton. He is a solid Post/Wing that has a bright future. I look at Chris Koch getting some early looks at point in the upcoming future with L.C.'s seniors at that position moving on. Other solid players include: Josh White, Turner Malone, Zach Cusick(football) and Mitchell Varner. I hope, I haven't left anyone off. This is a class that may see some time next year with L.C. having several seniors. As good a group L.C. has had in a while.

These are two freshman groups that our communities are proud. they have been coached very well by Thompson, Boling and Lorenze and have represented their schools very well. These kids are lucky because they get to go play for two of the best coaches/people around in Gray(L.C.), and Mitchell(loudon). I can't wait to watch these kids play the next four years.

One more thing big orange is right Cameron Sharpe is as good as it gets he has played in a great program at Halls for Coach Bill Warren and Brian Selvage.