Region 8 Champions

FES

Collierville schedule (looks better at the website)--I'm looking forward to the Bartlett/Collierville meet in two weeks. Could be a good one.

http://www.scs.k12.tn.us/scs/high/collierv...tling/index.htm

Date Opponent Location Time

Nov 14&15 G'town Pre-Season Germantown TBA

Nov 21&22 Ridgeway Pre-Season Ridgeway TBA

Dec 4 Kenwood Wars Kenwood 4:30 PM/5:30 PM

Dec 5 Kenwood Klassic Kenwood 7:00 AM/8:00 AM

Dec 11 Harding, Bartlett Collierville 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Dec 12&13 McGavock Inv Nashville 3:00 PM

Dec 27 Franklin Inv Franklin, TN TBA

Dec 30 Kenwood Duals Kenwood 7:00 AM/TBA

Jan 2&3 Father Ryan Inv Father Ryan TBA

Jan 6 St. Benedict St. Benedict 4:00 PM/5:00 PM

Jan 8 Ridgeway, Millington Ridgeway 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Jan 10 Coke Classic CBHS 7:00 AM/8:30 PM

Jan 13 CBHS, Munford Collierville 4:00 PM/5:00 PM

Jan 17 Bolton Inv Bolton TBA

Jan 20 Germantown Germantown 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Jan 22 Houston, Briarcrest Collierville 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Jan 23 Kingsbury Collierville 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Jan 27 Cordova Cordova 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Jan 31 Regional Duals Collierville TBA

Feb 3 Bolton, Catholic Bolton 5:00 PM/6:00 PM

Feb 6&7 State Duals Clarksville TBA

Feb 13&14 Regional TBA TBA

Feb 19&21 State Championships UTC TBA

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...MUS 39 Houston 34. It wasn't a pretty meet. Houston has a lot of freshmen. Standouts were Hooser of MUS (275, placed 5th at state last two years), the 215 of MUS (never seen him, but obviously he's learning from Hooser), Wright of Houston (130 bumped to 135), and Borneman of Houston (152). Best match goes to Drew Fryman (Hous.) v. Nelson Rainey (MUS)--at least I'm pretty sure it was Rainey. Fryman bumped from 135 to 140 to wrestle Rainey who got 6th at 130 last year in D2. Great match...Fryman seemed sick, but he must have been on his "good streak". He had a couple of text-book outside single-leg takedowns that led him to a victory. I think this reinforces the fact that D1 has the better competition between the two divisions, because I think Fryman got 4th in Region 8 last year, but he beat the 6th place finisher from D2(also ranked 4th by Matman this year). MVPs go to 103, 112, and 119 of MUS for coming up with 3 huge pins to start them off with a 30-0 lead after Hooser and the 215 pinned. Houston started to crawl back, but a couple of matches that looked good for the Mustangs turned into losses at the least expected times. MUS is developing a nice little program over there. Which one was Rutherford from MUS? Was he 145?

Yes, Yes, Yes Best of the West....this obviously proves that D1 is better than D2. Moron!!!!! Did MUS beat Houston???? Uhhhhhh, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Where did MUS place in the state tournament last year?????? Right?????? When has Collierville beaten any top D2 school? What, can't remember???? That's because it hasn't in this new millenium. Keep on talkin' duddits. Because you have no idea what you are talkin' about. I know who you are, Mr. Big Time Collierville boy. Got all the inside info on the'ville do ya? Be careful, talkin' smack can come back and bite ya. First win something, then talk! ;)

Slow down big guy. First of all, I never said that D1 was better than D2. I just said that the overall competition in D1 is better than that in D2, just as D2 generally produces a higher percentage of top-notch wrestlers. Second of all, I'm not Mr. big time Collierville guy, and I didn't say that Collierville is better than any top D2 teams. Third, MUS went to state last year, while Houston didn't even go to region. If you went by that alone, it seems like MUS should have killed Houston. I'm not arguing for or against D1 or D2--that is an old and tired conversation. Finally, quote one time when I talked any smack for anybody. You are the one talking smack. You should calm down a little before you make your next post, and I seriously doubt you know who I am, because I don't really know any private school boys. Nice talking to you.

Edited by best_of_the_west

Hey there Swain...why don't you chill out?? Best of the West didn't mean any harm. He was just expressing his opinion, which is what these things are for. Also, he didn't mean D1 is better than D2. He simply meant that the competition could be considered tougher is D1 because it is more evenly matched INDIVIDUALLY! In D2, there's 2 or 3 great wrestlers followed by a few mediocre guys who will fight for places 4-6 but have no chance at making state finals. There are people ranked in D2 that haven't won a match yet this year.....in D1, any of the top 6-10 wrestlers is most weight classes have a shot. Basically, the talent is more spread out. He never said "Collierville's the best, they would beat all D2 teams!". And how is talking smack going to come back and bite him? Are you going to beat him up for something posted on a community message board?

I do root for Collierville, but I am not partial to them in my posts. They just happen to be the best team this year. Everyone who knows what they are talking about knows that they are the favorite to win Region 8--no favoritism necessary. I've never talked any smack to you, and we'll let the teams take care of it on the mat--no talking necessary.

Edited by best_of_the_west

hey mr. visionquest, i'm not a c'ville guy but we'll see what happens 1/13/04 at the duels between c'ville and brothers. next, if you do any research on the topic, b.o.t.w. is too classy to admit it but d1 would school d2 in a head to head matchup, overall, not only at the state level but region individual level. let's take this region for instance, after the marables and a fluke match here or there, region 8 would win by a double digit margin. and oh yes, the d1 schools can't even recruit.

Edited by usfjim

Really, that is interesting usfjim. I, for the record, have never mentioned CBHS, b.o.t.w. did. What do they look like? I haven't seen them at much this year. Best of the West, would you give us a run down of the Collierville v. CBHS match up. Who is going what weights? Where are the Marables going to be? Does CBHS have anyone else???? Just give us your best prediction b.o.t.w.....weight by weight.

visionquest, if you know your history, brothers is the best d2 team here as long as anyone can remember. i only know the marables will probably win. then if i know what other wrestlers are at what weights then i could predict the margin of victory for c'ville, or possibly ridgeway and bartlett, whenever they wrestle head to head. not trying to talk smack, just stating reality.