DCA Edges Fayette

unbiasedspectator

DCA pulls out another close one. They are in trouble though because now their 1st and 2nd string tailbacks are out.

DCA scored first on a WR end-around to Austin Garrett. 7-0.

Fayette takes the ball and Bodiford scores from inside the 5 on a keeper. Missed 2 pt. 7-6

Meacham scores for DCA. 14-6

Fayette takes the ball right back down the field and either Thomas or Bodiford scores. I didn't see who. 14-12.

Fenwick scores on the keeper from a couple of yards out. 21-12

HALF

Bodiford scores on a GREAT run from about 75 yards out. He spun and cut and eluded and sprints all after avoiding a sack. He should be a Mr Football finalist. 21-18

Matt Meacham then runs 67 yards for the score. 28-18.

Feathers throws a great pass 30 yards for the score to Bodiford. 28-24

On the next drive, Meacham injures his ankle and would not return.

DCA drives down to the 20 of FA but Basescu's kick is blocked. FA ball. FA drives to the 1 and Thomas runs in on 4th down. They convert the 2 pointer this time! 32-28 FA.

Garrett returns the next kick down to the 50. DCA drives down to the 6 and Fenwick scores with 10 seconds left.

Final 35-32.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i listened to the game on the radio, seems like dca had some home team calls in there favor? somebody that went to the game let me know if im rite or wrong? i think we found out who should be mr football in 1A good job fayette acadmey it was a heart breaker, there is no way the state championship will be as exciting. bodiford u amaze us every time u play good luck to the seniors.........

I was there, front and center. Yes, there was incredible and unmistakable home cooking for the almighty region 5. I have seen the game film, and DCA's limping drive to the goal line was given life support by the refs in an attempt to keep Region 5 in the playoffs. All calls were on 4th down after failed plays. #1 was a pass interference call on Bodiford when he was two steps in front of the receive, and the ball was errantly thrown in the dirt 12 yds in front of the receiver. This was the worst blatant call I have ever seen. We saw it over and over on the film. This should be reviewed by whoever reviews these things. The second call was a phantom face mask call. The running back was wrapped up low by #51 Brandon Church. A 15 yd facemask call on 4th and 7 gave them a first and goal at the 9, instead of being stopped on 4th down for no gain for the second time in a row. I haven't seen a 15 yd facemask all season long. It was completely convenient to be able to call that last night.

Do I sound like a bitter Fayette Academy fan? I must, but we tasted the win last night and DCA knows that if they do win the state game, that they really played it last night.

Some clarification on the officiating of last night's game. First of all, the face-mask call was on a third down play after a first down for DCA was negated on a call by the referee. Secondly, the pass interference call was also on third down and not fourth. The kids decided the game and Fayette Academy came out on the losing end. Bodiford is a nice player and had a wonderful game for Fayette.

How long has Fayette Academy been playing football? It seems that Bruceton, So Fulton or USJ has been the dominant 1A team in West TN for the last few years (Collinwood and Wayne Co being on the east side of the river in Middle TN). Will they be returning many starters? Sounds like another good team emerging in the West.