Riverdale Warriors!

stumpman13

I dont think that the person that posted that cheer was trying to rub in the rhs won i simply think he was saying that it was a cute cheer and it is...your seniors played hard and it is a horrible loss but they faught til the end...it was just a cute cheer take it in and laugh

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what we witnessed was an awesome game between two very good teams with a great fan base on each side. This is what High School Football is all about. Both teams played their hearts out and both teams left it on the field.

I feel bad for my WILDCATS and especially my son, a Senior starter. It was a great run. The best run in seven years by the WILDCATS.

I have to hand it to the Riverdale Warriors. Their young team held on to a win that was ours for the taking. 5 yards is the difference in this game, and an appearance in the State title game.

Although it is tough for me, I will cheer for the Warriors in this one.

I'm pulling for Riverdale but I don't believe they should be there. If not for a dumb call by the OR staff plus the poor execution of the OR qb, it would be Oak Ridge in the finals. However, I don't want to take anything away from Riverdale, they played a good game and came up with the big plays when needed. I just think on what I see. Anyway, I will be there and I will cheer on Riverdale as they will probably win the championship. Good luck.

ACCARP

Look get off the Oak Ridge coaching staff. If you want to criticize them or any football coaching staff, then maybe you should try putting in as much time as they do. It was a game. They lost. There were many reasons. It is over and that is it. First, I think OR defense did a great job holding Riverdale to only 17 points. Second, I am not a sore loser because OR lost but I do think that there were some very tacky and distasteful antics by Riverdale's team prior to the game. Third, I think the Or fans did not do a very good job cheering and showing support for their team except for a very few. But the game is over and it is on to the final game. I will be cheering for Germantown because of the arrogance and lack of sportmantship that I witnessed prior to game and at the game. If you want to see a class act football program who respects their team , fans and visitors, then I suggest you visit Dobyns Bennett. Other teams and fans could learn from you.

Second, I am not a sore loser because OR lost but I do think that there were some very tacky and distasteful antics by Riverdale's team prior to the game.

TOO Funny! I love comments like this after a game. Why do folks feel the need to make them? They don't mention their players running their hands over their necks and making other gestures DURING WARMUPS. I guess they are too busy watching the other team's kids instead of watching their own. Why do folks bring up stuff like this after a game? If someone looks hard enough, they can find something in every game to complain about. It is just kids playing a game.

By the way - I have found that most folks who complain about stuff like this after a game are 'occasional' or 'parental' fans. They never played and never went to a game until either 'the big game' happens or their son or grandson is playing. Agreed?

On the complaint about the play calling at the end, in another thread I wrote something to the effect of what should they have called? No timeouts, 25 seconds left. If they call a run and it is stuffed, do they have time to unpile and get another play off without being hurried? Do they spike it on 3rd down, leaving only one more down with a couple of seconds left??? See what I mean?

Edited by davidlimbaugh

Brittany, I hate to go back on my word about any more posts on this subject, but it appears you jumped into it without fully knowing what was being discussed. Rebelron posted the cheer in his post dated Nov. 30, 2003 @ 4:08 pm (2 days after the ballgame). That was when I posted saying that the time for that was over.

crazygal - I have to agreed with limbaugh (occasional fan, Mom or Grandma) Please remember these are 16 - 17 & 18 young MEN in probably the biggest sporting event they have ever participated in their lives. Maybe some adrealine flowing (both sides)??? It is all part of the pagentry of high school atheltics. There were no punches thrown - the two teams were sizing each other up like two heavyweight boxers - so please explain to me the unsportsmanlike comment. I agree there is a line during ballgames and I saw no one on either side do anything to embarass themselves or their team. OR is a great program and I hope your underclassmen build on this game. I would love to witness your kids walk into our place with "swagger" and play their hearts out next year. It was a great high school football game - lets all focus on that!!!!! Limbaugh you are also correct on the goal line call - -we discussed it on the way back and I am just glad I did not have to make the call.

Go Riverdale We will all be their to support you

Not a grandma. mom or an occasional fan although last time I did look I was allowed to have an opiion regardless of my relationship to anyone on any team. That is what I did. My post talked about things that I saw wrong with everything at the game including OR and their fans. Thanks for the insight.

You are allowed to have an opinion and I respect your opinion. I was just trying to explain my thoughts on the situation. I think people forget that these are young people and they will make mistakes from time to time. The posturing before the game Friday night isnt bad for the game. You sound as if you know about the time spent by these coaches preparing these teams each week. (God bless them, their poor wives and their famliles) It is a true commitment on their part to do what they do and help us mold our future generation. If you are an OR fan I am sure your head is held high today.

I will be the first to admit if I see one of our kids out of line. G Rankin isnt going to put up with it either. But you have to let them walk right up next to that line "swagger" without crossing it " unsportsmanlike"