Riverdale Warriors!

stumpman13

I am a Maryville fan pulling for Riverdale. I was at the game the other night.

Defense is very impressive. Who is #37? I heard he was a sophomore. He can fly.

He ran down Cory Booker like he was sitting still. I sit on the Riverdale side the other night. I liked that woman who led the cheer that went like this.

"What does a Warrior say to a Wildcat? "Here Kitty,kitty,kitty" then she would swing her arm down and says "BOOM"

Riverdale has great athletes. Nobody will beat them next season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebel Ron, Your delight in such a tasteless (not to mention lack of class!) cheer is disgusting. If you are a Maryville fan then one is to assume you live in East TN. You know, we try to stick together here in the east and pull for our own teams when one of us makes it that far. That's one of middle TN's strong points!

If you saw the game, then you saw two really good teams! Riverdale came within 25 seconds and 5 yards of going home a loser. It just didn't happen for OR. Another night it might have been different. Only one team advances to the State Championship, but that doesn't mean the Oak Ridge boys handed it over to Riverdale. They fought hard and matched Riverdale pretty evenly. What they don't need now is the words to such a stupid cheer being printed here.

Rebel Ron, Your delight in such a tasteless (not to mention lack of class!) cheer is disgusting. If you are a Maryville fan then one is to assume you live in East TN. You know, we try to stick together here in the east and pull for our own teams when one of us makes it that far. That's one of middle TN's strong points!

If you saw the game, then you saw two really good teams! Riverdale came within 25 seconds and 5 yards of going home a loser. It just didn't happen for OR. Another night it might have been different. Only one team advances to the State Championship, but that doesn't mean the Oak Ridge boys handed it over to Riverdale. They fought hard and matched Riverdale pretty evenly. What they don't need now is the words to such a stupid cheer being printed here.

I see nothing wrong with that cheer. It was a silly cheer. I thought it was funny to watch that lady lead it.I think you are being too sensitive. A lot of Maryville fans were upset with the way the West students were cheering na,na,na,na ,hey,hey,hey goodbye. That stuff doesn't bother me. I have seen students with the play money,jokes about the principal and all kinds of stuff.

I was for Oak Ridge. If you had read some of my earlier posts you would have known that.I wanted all East Tennessee teams to win.

Rebel Ron, you say you were for Oak Ridge, but you also said you are for Riverdale. Before you say you are for Riverdale now that they have defeated OR, I ask you why you were sitting on the Riverdale side?

And, yes, David, my feelings may be a bit on my shirt sleeve, but what I'm feeling is the hurt all 30 of those seniors are feeling. That was their last shot at a state title. All of that stuff may have been fun banter BEFORE the game on both sides, but I really think it needs to be put to rest now. I, on the other hand , could go back and forth with opposing fans all day long about this and that. But, do you really think the players want to hear all that? I would feel the same if Riverdale had lost. You all may not agree with me, but I feel that the game is over, the players up here need to put it to rest, and those kind of remarks/cheers are really a moot point now that it is over. Before the game we could have matched you chant for chant, but what good comes of it now? We want the Riverdale Warriors to go out and win the state now. Maybe if it were your boys you would feel the same!

Brittany, if you had read the whole thing you would have read that I said "before" the game was a different thing. This game is over.....time to move on! My point was that after the game has been won there is no need for any of this. You can argue with this?

So, this was the kind of cheer it took to get your crowd into the game? Nothing wrong with that, but all it takes for us Ridgers to get into the game is to see those Wildcats walk down those steps!

Good luck next week!

Oh, and by the way, Brittany, don't tell me I'm not feeling their pain. No, I don't feel their exact pain, but my heart hurts for them just the same. I was on that field with them after all was said and done. But for a few seconds your seniors would be feeling the same and I'll tell you something-I would hurt for them too. When you watch young men pour themselves into this program all year long and you really know what they go through then you know that someone always has to lose, but you feel for the loser all the same. A good winner must also know how to be a good loser. The pregame build up is lots of fun and enjoyed by both sides of any team, but for adults to get on a public forum and do this after the fact is tasteless to me.

And to all: yes, the cheer is silly and all in fun. I have no problem with all of that! My point (didn't anyone get it?) is that after a game has been won those cheers are no longer cute or funny? Maybe I'm wrong but I think after a game like that the only posts on here should be praise for 2 fine teams. Sorry if that flies straight over your heads.

Edited by ORfever

Absolutely no need for sorrow up here in the Ridge. Total waste of your time. Heads should be held high around here. Your quote was profound...may it not come back to haunt you.

If you could see the forest for the trees you would realize that we are pulling for Riverdale and wishing only the best for you. Too bad you can't return the same courtesy.