Riverdale Warriors!

stumpman13

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post talked about things that I saw wrong with everything at the game including OR and their fans.

But you didn't mention OR in this comment,

"Second, I am not a sore loser because OR lost but I do think that there were some very tacky and distasteful antics by Riverdale's team prior to the game."

and then you asked

"One more thing is it is just kids playing football then why are so many adults on a website making comments about the game?"

I am a long-time Coach T'er and a plus member. If you had read another thread you would have seen where I reported some of the games highlights and commented on how hard #8 and others played for Oak Ridge and what a great game it was. You will also notice I never comment on other things until someone else does and I feel a need to 'set the record straight.' It always strikes me as 'funny' how someone makes a comment, gets someone else to comment on that comment, and then come back with comments 'attacking' the person making that comment. B)

and southpaw, what nonsense? We are just having fun watching kids play a game :D

I went to the Riverdale vs Lincoln County game thinking I would pull for Lincoln County. Once I got into the game I found that region and county ties along with knowing some of Riverdale players switched my presumed preference and I had to go with Riverdale.

It's at least some comfort to say to win your region you have to beat the state champ. It certainly gives the other teams in the region a reason to work hard in the off season.

I will be there and yes I will be a REGION 4 FAN!

Ok Crazygal let me make this clear, I am not from OR, nor do I really care when OR wins or loses. All I'm saying is it seems like a bone head call when you have a good line, 2 stud runningbacks, and 26 seconds to work with. This is when you need to work the sidelines. Imagine... The wing-t formation. Booker to one side and Guilemire on the other with the fullback in his typical spot. Booker goes in motion hard and the QB fakes the give to him; then, he gives the ball to Guilemire going towards the short side of the field with the fullback, and 2 guards pulling. you also probably have the reciever cracking back on an unsuspecting LB. With this, Guilemire can head towards the sideline and will either score or will get 2 or 3 yards and will be run out of bounds with 20 seconds left. I know that the coaches have to make the best decision based on the circumstances at hand, but I just feel like some teams do not prepare enough for certain types of situations... like 30 seconds left, inside the 5 yard line and 0 time outs. As far as the fans go, for the weather, I thought they did ok. Both teams taunt so I don't want to hear anything about that. Anyway, out for now...

ACCARP

For crying out loud if a frog had wings......Riverdale had stopped Oak Ridges running game all night and with the speed in the backfield they had it made it hard to pass. Neither team had anything left at the end of the game. Let two good teams get on with their lives and stop all this fusing back and forth!!!

The Cats will be back next year with or without all you whiners. Go back where you have been hiding all season.

I think Crazygal must of not come down to the student section and see how we were cheering. We came to the game in crappy, snowy, cold weather and cheered our boys on. We cheered from the first play to the last. Most of us went home hurting cause we cheered so hard. I know I never gave up hope in The Wildcats and never will. To Riverdale, heck of a game. They played hard and so did Oak Ridge. But for crazygal to say that the fans didn't do a good job cheering, well your name is correct because you are crazy.