Unaka Ladies Win

krichunaka

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone tell me how many starters returned from last years unaka team?

Unaka lost the Taylor Twins; both were very good shooters, and that will be missed.

But this is the deepest team that Unaka has put on the court in many years. They lose little to nothing, talent-wise from one to ten.

They aren't giants, but they have three players above or near six feet tall; led by Julie Roberson, who, I think, is six-two. All three can play. They have the fastest pair of guards in Ensor and Osborne you'll see anywhere.

Their wing play might be a question mark, depending on whether Townsend has improved her shooting touch; but again with her and Gouge I think they're more than capable there as well.

So the long answer is well, about eight starters. :lol: Depth is their strength.

"OSUbrutus:

Do you have an axe to grind?"

Well, yes I do. I understand that Science Hill, UH, Daniel Boone & Crockett should be the main focus of the Press. However, when you have just as many people in Carter County reading your paper, you would think that an occasional Johnson City Press reporter would be at some non-Elizabethton games. How many Johnson City Press reporter's were at the Baseball State Tournament in Memphis? How many were at LMU 2 years ago when both Unaka teams advanced to the Sub-State?(Could not have been anyone because the Press reported that the Lady Rangers had lost.) How many went to Onieda? I know other sports are happening, but I don't think any of the Elizabethton teams or Johnson City teams were playing in a Sub-State game except maybe the Science Hill Boys? But that would take only one person. How many Press reporters went to the State Tournament when the Cloudland girls went or the Unaka Boys? (or did you just listen to it on the internet or have someone call it in) How many Press reporters were at Elizabethton's State Tournament last year? Think about it! Is your coverage fair?

Exposure is important to the small schools just as it is to the "big" schools. Cover all of these young men and women. Give them exposure.

My axe has been sharpened.

new to be hubbies and pa's should be careful because soon never before heard sounds and events will be replacing one's ability to logically focus and give (see lost my train of thought for a moment) sterling remarks here on coacht. Be care not insight the wrath of the "press" because one day they may or not be talking about one of your own. Which could be good or bad depending on how you want to look at it. You say you are "dead", you don't even know the meaning yet, but you will. Yet you won't change it for any state championship in the world. Go figure. Now for the thread, Unaka has a lot of talent and seems to be heading in the right direction with playing teams that have that winning tradition. Girls basketball is not always won with talent. The mental aspect comes into play with girls a lot more then with boys. They need to know they can beat Cloudland on a regular basis, not just saying they can. They have to prove it to themselves and everyone else. When and if this does happen a couple of times it won't be so hard the next times. Watching Cloudland play the other day they do have a lot of deficientcies but still play with that winning attitude. Beat a Happy Valley team which had more talent but with a lower self and team attitude. Remember as has been said before the game is probably 80% mental and with girls it's probably closer to 90% mental and the rest of its in their head.

Edited by dukevol

OSU Brutus or whoever you are:

Lets get one thing straight. I do not work for any newspaper, never have and never will.  I am not related to anyone who works at any newspaper.  So quit referring to me as though I do. 

Secondly, you made a blanket statement that was false and I called you on it. Carter County teams do receive coverage in the Press.  You said they didnt. Now I would agree with you that they do not receive the out of town coverage that some other local teams do but that is a management decision based on budget considerations.  Would it surprise you to know that the Press did not cover Science Hills last state tournament appearance finals game two years ago?

coaches corner,

You know who I am my name was brought out on a "OSUBRUTUS, Expert on Lady Rangers Basketball thread in which you posted on!

I just wonder though, how would you know bases on your "Let's get one thing straight..." quote, about not cover certain things IS a management decision basded on budget considerations?! If you never worked for a paper or never will how would you know that! Or how would you know that no one from the Press was down at the State Tournament when Science Hill went 2 years ago?

Wait! I know you are real good friends with someone who works at the newspaper, since none of your relatives work there either?

Come on! Come clean on who YOU really ARE? Didn't think so.

By the way, thanks for letting me know the boxscores of the Unaka and Clouland games were in the Press!

I'll help you out on this mystery"OSUBRUTUS me being the Cyclone hater i am

It's kind of obvious that this guy does like to talk about the press/star/media coverage/Elizabethton Girls Basketball and Elizabethton Boys Basketball.

And with the name like Coaches Corner that is almost a dead give away every since OSUBRUTUS has been talking about the JC Press and the coverage Unaka has been getting Coaches Corner has been getting pretty mad and it would only seem logical that why would some one get mad about something like that if they wasnt from the JC Press/have someone working for the JC Press or wasnt affiliated with Elizabethtons Girls Basketball program OSU I believe your mystery guy has been solved could it be none other then (DOUG FRITZ) :o