David Lipscomb Vs. Huntingdon

westTN2004

The DL Mr. Football finalist did a little more than run the ball. He kicked field goals and extra points and played in the secondary some. Terrence Bell probably carried the ball everytime whereas Robertson split the carries. Robertson had a few TDs also.

Your right, just key on Bell and all your problems will be over.....

:o

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DL Mr. Football finalist did a little more than run the ball. He kicked field goals and extra points and played in the secondary some. Terrence Bell probably carried the ball everytime whereas Robertson split the carries. Robertson had a few TDs also.

The award is for best back not kicker, there is an award for that.

My point was that Lipscomb has recieved a lot more press because of where they are. The Mr. Football awards are much like the Heisman award, it is part talent and part popularity.

What I started off wanting to know, is Lipscomb as good as the hype? I will confess I have not seen them play but I seriously doubt they are as good as most people are claiming. If I was to take most of the comments as truth, I would believe that Lipscomb would win in any classification and not even break a sweat. Huntingdon has heard all year that Milan couldn't be beat, but that has been proven incorrect.

I look forward to a great game.

GO STANGS!!!!!

THE BLUE AND GOLD STANGS

if you are going to count numbers as far as the lipsomb mr football you have to look at carries. robertson had games where he carried the ball five and six times and came out during the second or third quarter. the only reason he did not win mr football is that lipscomb is smart enough to keep a balnced offense. no one player is going to have his name called every play. this became evident for milan in the huntington game, rod smith was worn out from getting the ball every play. huntington figured out how to shut him down and they won the game, as simple as that. i guarantee you that if huntington stacks the line with 9 men to stop robertson they will lose the game. it will be just another game for robertson with 5 carries for 25 yards and he will have a ring on his finger.

sabre3 I totally agree with you. Rod Smith was totally worn out by the end of the game but they kept giving him the ball. Give Huntindon some credit for figuring out how to stop them. Huntingdon did what they had to do to win the game. For that they should be given some props. From what I understand Milans Fb was hurt & was not a factor for Milan so they ran Smith the entire game. Milan fans say that they were a 50-50 pass/run team. Why they didnt pass, only Milans coach knows. Lipscomb is healthy in every position. All of their weapons will be used it will not be one dimentional. Huntingdon will not be able to put 8-9 men in the box this week & expect to win. They will have to cover the entire field. If Huntingdon can achieve those goals then my hats off to them.

sabre3 I totally agree with you. Rod Smith was totally worn out by the end of the game but they kept giving him the ball. Give Huntindon some credit for figuring out how to stop them. Huntingdon did what they had to do to win the game. For that they should be given some props. From what I understand Milans Fb was hurt & was not a factor for Milan so they ran Smith the entire game. Milan fans say that they were a 50-50 pass/run team. Why they didnt pass, only Milans coach knows. Lipscomb is healthy in every position. All of their weapons will be used it will not be one dimentional. Huntingdon will not be able to put 8-9 men in the box this week & expect to win. They will have to cover the entire field. If Huntingdon can achieve those goals then my hats off to them.

The last two teams Huntingdon has faced thats base formation was the Wing T were held to 17 total yards (Chester County) and 56 yards (Lewis County). I don't know what game you were watching but Huntingdon played a base 4-3. I sure never noticed them putting 8 or 9 in the box.

It looked like they had 8 in the box alot of the night. Maybe not 9. I guess what I am saying is that you cant focus on one guy like you did against Milan. Milan pretty much said - hey stop Rod & you stop Milan. Milans QB was not a threat to run. The fullback played but was not effective due to a hand injury. WHERE WAS MILANS PASSING GAME THAT I HEAR ABOUT????? That would of made Huntingdon respect the pass more. Good job on the defensive coordinator's part to recognize that Smith was not going to beat them & they kinda dared Milan into passing but Milan was stubborn & very predictable. Just my observation.

WHERE WAS MILANS PASSING GAME THAT I HEAR ABOUT????? .

#87 Beasley or #1 Walker were there all night if the plays would have been called and that would have opened Smith up for about 22-24 carries and would have been much more effective. One Huntingdon fan nailed it. Milan played too conservative by trying not to lose instead of trying to win.

stangfan Posted on Dec 2 - 02:11 PM

The award is for best back not kicker, there is an award for that.

My point was that Lipscomb has recieved a lot more press because of where they are. The Mr. Football awards are much like the Heisman award, it is part talent and part popularity.

i'm sorry that you feel that robertson was more popular than your friend was. looks like he needs to get out of the house a little more and maybe he will become a little more popular. the fact of it all is that robertson deserved the nomination for mr. football, and i guess that no one thought your guy deserved it. stop cryin about it,and we'll see if he can prove himself on friday nite, and who knows, he might even become more popular.

This should be a classic matchup by two very different teams...

Much has been said of Huntingdon's speed, and well deserved praise indeed but from Lewis County's point of view, I was much more impressed with the Huntingdon offensive and, especially defensive lines. I have mentioned this several times and don't get much response from the Huntingdon faithful but I think you are going to live and die with your line play. #80 is a hoss and can be a dominator on defense.

Their skill people are well blessed but the line play will determine their fortunes. Huntingdon did have an incredibly quick set of linebackers as well who prove to be terribly disruptive.

Huntingdon is a much, much better team than Memphis Mitchell who Lipscomb dismanteled in the title game last year... Huntingdon has great, great talent... They will defintely make this one exciting!

As for Lipscomb.. They are incredibly disciplined and very methodical, to the point of being machine like. Watching them last season, they were adept at every facet of the game and with a top notch QB and reciever, they will lull you to sleep with their run..run...run... run and then rasie up and hit a 50 yard pass on you. Lipscomb is a physical team, much more so than some will admit but a lot of that comes from superb techinque and conditioning.

When thinking of this game, I liken it much to the old Oklahoma (Huntingdon) vs. Nebrasks (Lipscomb) rivalry from the 70's and 80's.... the wishbone excitement versus the power of the Cornhuskers.... I think this game could be very similar to that with Huntingdon's explosiveness and speed versus Lipscomb's power and tradtion of excellence.

It could be a game for the ages!

Good luck to both teams and to the fans of each school, enjoy and relish the entire experience!

Since when are we going to the coaching staff strength? You bump into Coach Tillman, Stewart, Edwards, or Webber, and you tell me what they look like. Then ask them what they can bench. These guys would break you. So will the radio crew. Mark

Hey, Mark, did you read the entire post?

p.s. Thanks for gettin' my back and clarifying, duckman.