Henry County Job

coachfoozeball

I am pretty sure that HC Head coach with his sup makes about 35,000 a year. Maybe that is in line with most coaches in the state.

I know money isn't everything, but it's going to be tough to find a "good coach",who is willing to take $35,000 a year and travel to middle TN. almost every Friday night to get drilled.

Henry Co. would benefit from going back to the old 1A-3A system so they can schedule more games in their area. It really helped JCM this year by moving from 5A to 4A. They used to travel to Memphis for most games before this year.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

danpatrick,

it would be interesting to know the number and names of those contacted and those who have rejected the offer. who are those people? you obviously have inside information. i have not heard any official notification.

as far as the attractiveness of the position--it would seem that all the district and regional titles in the nineties would speak for itself--i remember a standing room only crowd watching a semi-final game against gallatin in the mid nineties--excuses are easy --whinners are a dime a dozen

by the way, what does henry county pay a head coach?

""it would seem that all the district and regional titles in the nineties would speak for itself--""

Which Region was Henry County in during this time? Did they travel to Nashville then also? Just curious?

Henry County and Dickson County, and most older Clarksville schools (CHS, NE, NW) have always been linked in all sports wether it is the old district 10-AAA, or regions now. At one time, they were in the region with a few metro schools. Now the region includes the big Williamson County schools (Franklin, Brentwood, Ravenwood) and a few Clarksville schools. Henry County is always going to have to travel across the Tennessee river into Middle Tennessee in order to find games. They are on an "island" in Northwestern Middle Tennessee. That is a lot of directionals.

Does anyone in Paris know what Coach Webb is going to do. He is a great young defensive mind. It is a shame what happened to him. I have known Coach Webb since our playing days in High school and MTSU, and into our coaching days. They do not come much better than Coach Webb. He will land on his feet. At some point, Henry County will regret kicking out "one of their own". That is awful and the Henry County Schools Administration has "big stones" to do this to their school and football program. Just an opinion from a person that knows Coach Webb personally as a person and coach. Again, has anyone heard what he is going to do? Is he going to sell his new house that he and his wife bought after a promise he would have the opportunity to stay on as coach? Just curious and concerned.

Coach Webb will land on his feet and will be in Middle Tennessee more than likely. This may turn out to be a good thing for him and Leann.

Henry County could take this bad situation and take advantage of a new beginning.

If truehchsfan wanted to help the program instead of pretending nothing is wrong she could lobby the admin to (since she seems to be chummy with them or maybe she is one of them..hmmmm) ;

1. Petition TSSAA to remove Grove as part of our numbers and lower our classification. This can be done, I talked with an official and he said, if the school system truly wants a change they need to lobby for it and he felt like most would agree especially with the travel that we have to do.

2. Hire a qualified Coach and give him the support that is needed. re: assistant coaches and plenty of them

Some in Henry County would prefer to live in the "Glory Days" and disagree with lowering the classification saying that we competed in the 80s. What they fail to see is that when we were competitive we were playing in a region that we could hold our own. 75% of the time we played schools the same size or smaller than us. In the current set up we have been playing schools the last 6 years that are larger than us 75% of the time. Henry County has never been successful playing larger schools, sure we have had some great classes come through and competed with large schools. We will never year in and year out be able to compete with the Brentwoods, Franklins, Riverdales or Germantowns simply because of our student numbers.

I also coach baseball, and it seems to me that a couple of years back we played against some freshman on Henry County's baseball team. Are those kids allowed to play over at the high school in the other sports? Is that why they have to count them toward classification? I really don't know. I guess I should read TSSAA rules to answer that question.

This is just an observation from someone outside the Henry County area. I don't think that the TSSAA will allow you to just drop a 9th grade class and move down. Another poster stated on here on another thread that if there are only three grades then you must add 10th through 12th together a divide to find an average, then add that to your enrollment number. It is my opinion that it's stupid to not let your 9th graders play varsity, given not many freshmen will contribute but they are in the system and learning that system and getting stronger. As your system stands most of those kids probably don't contribute at all until 11th grade and probably most don't get comfortable until they are seniors. It's not a real good sign for a 5A school when 2A schools are continually taking you to the woodshed.

(Milan, Huntingdon) I know those are 2 of the best football teams in the area BUT they shouldn't be able to stay on the same field with a 5A school.

Are those kids allowed to play over at the high school in the other sports? Is that why they have to count them toward classification? I really don't know. I guess I should read TSSAA rules to answer that question.

Baseball does play at the highschool because grove does not have a baseball team. Basketball and footbll players can not participate at the highschool because Grove fields these teams.

I agree with mustang69, most of the players don't get adjusted until they are seniors and it is too easy for a ninth grader at another school to elect not to play vs. quitting once you are part of a program.