Whats's up at Cleveland HS?

Gov

If Jay Davis didn't meet the necessary academics requirements last spring and didn't go to summer school then how was he eligible to play Football this fall? Wasn't there a similar situation with a former CHS Basketball player(I think his name was Cameron Wesley)? Has Davis played in any Basketball games this year? If not, why? Isn't Cleveland High School already on probation? How will this issue if true, affect the CHS athletic program since they are on probation? With the possibility that CHS has been using an ineligible player............I think the title of this topic is right on......."What's up at Cleveland HS?"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played football, so it must be something else, or cleveland played an ineligible player. It must be a dicipline problem handed down by Coach Green, or cleveland is in some hot water. Surely the Athletic director of the year is on top of this and can release some information to the media.

Edited by Gov

Well, I know that Jay Davis has not played in any Basketball games that I have attended at Cleveland High School this year. You were right Sly, this program has already been put on probation for its actions after the Rhea - Cleveland football game. Possibly 2 situations we have here... 1) Is that Jay did not pass all his # of required classes of the Spring Semester last year, and did not attend Summer School, which would make him eneligible to play football this Fall or Basketball up until Christmas when the students receive their semester grade cards. If he passes then, he will be eligible for the remainder of the school year. Which means if that was the case that Cleveland has played an eneligible player all through football, and no one realized until Coach Green took notice and has sat him out for basketball for percautions, which could do damge to the athletic program at Cleveland. 2) Is that he has been suspended, or held back from playing, because he is failing his classes this term, and Coach Green wants to make sure that he passes his classes this term to stay eligible through all basketball. So he has sat Jay out for this small portion of the season to get Jay focused. Or he just has his on standards of grades and Jay is not passing his standards. Which I find highly unlikely in both my situations in #2 because Coach Green comes off as a coach that jut wants to win ball games and will do whatever it takes. Yet, I could be worng. It will be intresting to find out the whole truth if we ever do, but I do know that Jay Davis will make Cleveland even more dangerous than they already are.

I live in Cleveland and know Jay personally...he was going to be on probation for grades but because he brough them up during football season he was able to ply football and is currently playing basketball.

Hey cmslinebacker889, Since you know Jay personnally tell us why Jay hasn't played in any of Cleveland's Basketball games. Thanks.

How was Davis eligible for Football this fall and during the semester become ineligible for Basketball? Something isn't right about that. Either he's eligible the whole semester or he was never eligible but played Football anyway. Sounds a little fishy to me. Could Cleveland be looking at more trouble from the TSSAA? I sense a cover up in process at the Dome.

HEY CMSLINEBACKER889

You obviously have no clue what your talking about- so why don't you do us all a favor and stay off of this site. All you are doing is spreading untrue rumors, and telling lies about how you know Jay Davis personally-and by some of your comments you definitely do not know Jay personally. This is a kid you guys are talking about. Let it go!