2A football in East and Middle Tn

turbo

LISTEN VERY CLOSELY.......alcoa is no longer young im telling you...all these teams that are going to approach them next year thinking there young are going to walk a way with a L. this team returns their whole front 7 on D and entire back field on O. Yes we did loose a valuble player to WB but it will get filled up very quickly. The offense should be as strong as it was at the end of the year last year at the start of the year this year. Now that there a year behind reid they have more trust in him and the staff and the plays he calls. and the D should be among the best in the state. With Martin White back at DT (6-2 315) and Dustin Lindsey (6-2 220) at OLB Brandon Warren (6'3 2150 and Ray Sykes (6'4 210) at ends this D has A LOT of speed and size. Just be ready to see a more developed and matured football team out of Alcoa. Good luck

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is always running their mouths for about 3 yrs now. If you all didnt think Alcoa would be good (yes i go to alcoa) then why did you all start hyping us up since 8th grade. I know all the sophs which will be juniors next yr and some of the fresh that will be sophs next yr all they are talking about is how they are tired of people calling them young. Listen Alcoa is not young anymore. They will prove to everybody in Tn that they are good enought to win state. We will give Maryville a run for it and make it to state. Even the people saying we are young are also saying at the same time that we will win state the next 2 yrs. Good luck to everybody that steps on the same field as Alcoa, they will need it.

• 4 weeks later...

I Will Admit Alcoa I Think Will Be Seeing The Huntingdon Mustangs Next Year In The State Game Mustangs have Been Worken There Buts Off An I Know It Will All Pay Off With A Big Gold Ring I Know Cause We Did It Last Year An People Seriously DL Mustangs Couldnt Be As Good As Last Year On Defense Maybe A Lil But Not A Big Diffrence Cause If I recall From The Game A Couple Defense Of Guys Were Seniors An They Got Ran Over Seriosly I Mean Terrance Bell Record Breaker Umm Freshman Chris Donald Phillip Weathers Scott Hampton The Mane Speeds In The Offense Ask Southside Who Was Spose To Do Sumthing Last Year Bout The O Line An The Backs The Awesom Deffense The H town Mustangs Put Together Seriosly People You Dont Gotta Hate Give Us Some Kind Of Credit An The Team That Beat Milan In Semifinals Last Year Was A Hole Diffrent Team Cause They Played Harder An Harder After There Lost

H Town Stangs Best An Getting Better

I will be sure to be here on CoachT to watch you eat crow. How do you like it fried or grilled? Nobody is going to 'handle' Lipscomb. You may scrape by, but I will bet anyone $100.00 that Lipscomb wins.

it looks like huntingdon pretty much handled lipscomb this past season. lipscomb didnt have an answer. they obviously couldnt stop huntingdon's running game.

The fan support was down at Alcoa due to the game being moved to Saturday at the last minute & also the weather. Also was Thanksgiving weekend & alot of the fans were probably at Grandma's house somewhere. Should be a pretty good crowd tomorrow night. Rebelron your assesment of Lipscomb is very accurate. Ole Turbo is just having a hard time believing these ole christian boys are pretty good. He'll find out tomorrow night though.

Turbo - Lipscomb's schedule was Greenbrier (3rd round playoff 3a team)

Houston County (2nd round playoff team - beat them twice)

Marshall County(3a playoff team - usually a very tough team)

Goopasture(2a playoff team)

Springfield

East Robertson

Westmoreland (2a playoff team)

Stewart Cty

Station Camp

Ezell Harding (1a 3rd round playoff team)

Polk County beat in 1st round

Tyner - beat in 2nd round

Alcoa - beat in 3rd round

Say what you want to, Lipscomb destroyed everyone but Goodpasture. Huntingdon is very good & I expect them to play hard & not give into all of Lipscomb's hype, but one thing is for sure Huntingdon does not scare them at all. Your speed & size & strength you talk about will not faze them one bit. It will be a challenge & we are up for it. So dont think because Huntingdon is bigger, faster & whatever else you think they are will make you win because it wont happen.

what about those teams without the ()'s what did they do? it doesnt matter about the fans. you dont need fans to win. you have to want it.

I have been off the football boards for a while. I will have to admit the Lipscomb Mustangs got there tails beat. Huntingdon was the better team. I never saw that kind of beating coming. Lipscomb was embarassed. I will give the Huntindon Mustangs all the credit. Turbo you were right. We want revenge next year. Lipscomb did graduate alot of guys, but, they do every year. The reason Lipscomb is in the hunt every year is because of depth. Yes they have a lot of shoes to fill but there are guys ready to step in there. Looking forward to some friendly trash talk in the coming months.

Im still bitter about that semifinal game. We worked our butts off to physically whip everyone including huntingdon for 13 weeks and we let it slip away on the 14th. It was an even match up both times milan and huntingdon played but Rod Smith was not going to be denied. I still kind of think that having to go to huntingdon TWICE played a role in how we played and I want to think that if the semifinal game had been at Milan and the whole city of milan there the outcome would have been a different story. And I know the game is won on the field and not by your fans but you look up and you got about 8,000+ screaming and yelling with 50 seconds left and you feel like your in the superbowl. In my opinion it shouldnt have been that close. Anyone will admit that we had 3 secondary defects and let a tight end run 30 yards down the field. Would anyone disagree? And we focused on the speed sweep too much and the roll out pass to only see the fullback run off tackle. We didnt make the adjustments and made too many mistakes to win.

it may be a little down but i would not worry. with all the good teams and the way we are getting stronger and better athletes, and i mean that about every 2A team there is it will be up real soon. u dont have to be strong to win but it helps. as often the case you may be the team with the better school but anyone can win on any given night. i honestly see 2A football ratings going up in the near future.