clinton vs. oak ridge

primetimeplayer10

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The game was a joke. Clinton should have easily won. And as usual.......NO DISCIPLINE. Your team is big enough to ride in a car to the game. I hope your not wasting money on using a bus. You only played 5 or 6 players the entire game.Some strategy. Other teams will easily beat you..just like Oak Ridge, by keeping their players fresh and poitive. You cant expect 5 or 6 guys to get you to the state. Good job wildcats!!! AC will get ya next. Your car ride will be shorter!!!!!

Yes I agree with you, for 50 years I have been watching High School Basketball. I have never been more dissappointed to watch the Clinton and Oak Ridge game. It seems to me that the coach at Clinton is doing all that he can to keep his best players off of the floor. Is race a problem there in Clinton? It's appearant that the coach has his token white players. But if you have 5, 6, or even 7 of your best players that are black. So be it. Is Clinton really an institution where an African American can succeed? Apparently not, the Beamon kid was at the game last night, and he was one of the best guards in Clinton's History. Why didnt he go anywhere? He had the skills and the ability. Is Clinton using the black athletes to get where they want for sports only, or does academics mean anything? Is this the first incident of a failing basketball powerhouse. By the way, I also noticed a new coach. Or is he? Giving directions to players as the coach was confronting the refs I thought he was the trainner So whats up with that??? This is one of the many questions in the area basketball fans are asking. You don't lose leads by making stupid subsitutions with players with less ability. How can players show unsportsmanlike conduct and rudeness on the court towards fans and student bodies and still be allowed to play? Is this what the coach is trying to express to his team? Grabbing their crotches and flipping birds and profanity that can be heard in the stands shows no class or character. Is this what Clinton represents? Is the basketball program soon to follow its football program?? Bad news for the dragons means good news for the district. Good talent, bad leadership, and no discipline.

Yes this is what you can expect. I havent been around as long as you, but I can remember when Troy Thackerson played, he didnt even get to play his senior year, because he was too old from failing too many classes, Scotty Whitt- one of the best athletes I have ever seen, and anyone who as seen him knows that is true. I heard he has done time in prison Now. Then there were others, but the biggest disappointment was Jermaine Shephard, I remember when this kid almost dunked on us when he was in the 7th grade, and he was only 5'7. I heard he had a double scholarship to some big D-1 school, what happened to all of these guys, they didnt have to do anything in high school, and could not get into college. CLinton has zero discipline., they always have thes best talent around, and even Oak Ridge would agrre with that, but if you have ZERO discipline then it doesnt matter. Just look what happend to Coach Catlett in football, he tryed to have discipline, and the town wouldnt support him, because he wouldnt listen to them, and he was a Great Coach.. CLinton has never had great coaches just great talent, and absoulutely NO discipline. The only decent Player/ Scholar was Dedrick Dye, and that was becasue he disciplined his self. He was a valedvistorian, and jsut graduated from Wagner College. The only discipline clinton athletics will have is if the kids discipline themselves

In the mix, I see this is your first post so I'll try to go easy on you here, but I think your way out of line if you question Clinton's head coach on the issue of race. I know alot of his former players of all colors who have tremendous feelings towards him as a basketball coach and as a person. If you want to question his decisions with regard to basketball, fine, I have myself, especially this year; but to attatch that motive to it is just wrong!

The Mav, There is no need to hold anything back from me. I have an opinion just as well as you. Oh by the way, could you name a few of those players who have such tremendous feelings for coach Lockard.(That are of all differnt colors). Could you also name a few black players that play ANY type of sport at Anderson Co.? How can you comment when you never have had any experience with this sort of situation? I dont think there have been any black athletes at Anderson Co. Clinton is lightyears ahead of you Mr. Mav on having black athletes. Also mav. Campbell Co. has already beaten you to breaking the minority barrier. (with an AE transfer). The only thing you no about racism is defending a racial situation. You should be a lawyer.

Mcneely06, If im not mistaken, didnt you agree with me on your first post?

Yes this is what you can expect. Opinions are formed on facts and situations that a person deals with. You dont have any on this topic.

How does Coach Lockard have no discipline? Im not understanding how yall are getting that. Clinton is a power house in basketball, Oak Ridge has more blacks then Clinton. What is the big deal, coach chris plays his best players or who he thinks can handle the pressure. Coach Chris is a great coach, he cares about them, and will go out of his way to help any of his players. Have you not been to the last few matchups between Clinton and Oak Ridge? I think Clinton has dominated Oak Ridge except for maybe 2 times. I havent heard of so many racist. Are yall from AC?

No, In the mix, I'm not going to name names. If you notice in my first post I also don't use the coaches name, and that is because this is not what I think this board is about and certainly not what I'm about. Take it to the bank though that there are certainly several black players who played for Clinton that I would consider my friends who have very warm feelings about the Clinton coach both as a coach and a person. I am not known on this board as a Clinton supporter per se (check my previous posts), but you are talking garbage. Your attack against AC is also out of left field but let's save that for another thread!

The Mav, I will give you one thing. You are right. That is not what this board is about. Im not even from this area. Like i said inmy first post. I have been following high school basketball for 50 years. That is what i will continue to do. And from the game Friday. This opinion was formed. By you being so defensive, Im assuming that I'm hitting close to home. This is not to thrash a program. This is to voice an opinion. Im sure that I'm not the only who feels this way, but I am probably the only person brave enough to voice this.