Why the end is near for maryville

znagglepuz

Actually, Bud,

There is a few more things I would like to laugh at:

1. Your big bad Indians of D.B. losing to Knoxville's worst 5A team, ha, ha

2. Your big bad Rebels of Maryville, losing to the real pride of the state, my Morristown West, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,HA!!!!!

Bringing

Us

Down

HA HA

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on dreaming. Maryville will return a bunch of starters and will continue to win. When they move up to 5A they will still be good. Outstanding freshmen coming up. The middle school team was undefeated and the Rebs 12 yr old team was considered Don Sentell's best team ever.Maryville will keep on reloading so that is bad news for you,gillyboat and the rest of the Maryville haters.

I know that you guys can't wait until Quarles leaves. I think Quarles will stay awhile at Maryville.

RR

I might not like them, but I do respect them!

Although I may be classified as a "Hater" I have sense enough to know that, (in the words of the group "Alabama") "You can't keep a good man down".

Regardless of where the rebels land, the very least they will do is compete. More than likely they will dominate as in the past years.

When you have kids involved in "the program" for years and years, you can't help but dominate.

Congrats to Maryville for continuing a winning program.

PS

When people say that your program is taking a dive after going 38 and 1. They are just plain ole football ignernt!

Edited by redbyrd84

Well Jeff Co marched on to your turf, whipped you guys, turned around, went to their turf and got whipped by DB. So where does that put West? Pride of the State? Gotta be kidding right? I may have to go watch Hillsboro again this week because as I watched them beat Melrose, I kind of laughed and felt sorry for whomever they played. Fans like you will make it more enjoyable for me to enjoy Hillsboro's win.

It seems to me that high school football runs in cycles lasting about 10 years. In the 1970s, Oak Ridge and Tennessee High ruled East TN football. Then, in the 1980s, Jefferson County and Rhea County dominated. In the 1990s, Oak Ridge returned, along with Knox Central. Sevier County had a good five year run, and Kingsport has been consistent in the later part of the 1990s until the present. After this group of seniors, they seem to be on their way down. The same patterns can be seen in Murfreesboro with Oakland and Riverdale. Memphis has seen Germantown rise and fall and then comeback. My point is that maryville has had a great run and they may have some time left on their cycle, but sooner or later the well will run dry.

This is classic big Bud,

Maryville is always complaining about getting no respect from the area, and all those haters

But now you from Dobyns Bennett are going to cheer for a Team from Nashville

whom you have no ties with instead of cheering for a team who won fair and square

and is withing 45 minutes of your home.

I have to pull a billygoat term out for old times sake::

Your ludicrous!!!!!!!

Dobyns Bennett is expecting more success in '04. We have alot of talent returning and the best freshman class ever coming up. '03 was unexpected to finish 11-2 beacuse DB was supposed to be down. '04 will have higher expectations for the Indians, as we don't lose too many Seniors.

This is classic big Bud,

Maryville is always complaining about getting no respect from the area, and all those haters

But now you from Dobyns Bennett are going to cheer for a Team from Nashville

whom you have no ties with instead of cheering for a team who won fair and square

and is withing 45 minutes of your home.

I have to pull a billygoat term out for old times sake::

Your ludicrous!!!!!!!

Well I live in Nashville now. So what are you gonna do, sue me? I have had more level headed conversations and been shown more respect from Hillsboro fans than you guys. I live here in Middle TN now. I pull for Maryville and other East TN teams. What are you a communist, will I be instructed who to cheer for?

Snagglepuss. Maryville has a ton of respect. Everybody statewide has a lot of respect for the Rebels.

You hate Maryville because they have whipped your team too many times. Don't sit there and tell us you are a MOWest fan either. You haven't posted one thing about MOWest all year long. You jumped on the MOWest bandwagon because they beat Maryville. Something your real team can't do.

I read your other posts. All you talk about is region 3 4A teams. You,billygoat,bill-morgan and cochese hate Maryville because they own region 3 4A.

If snagglepuss is a MoWest fan, then he represents the typical, old school Trojan fan. I thought after a few wins, the West fans would know how to win. I guess not all of them can get rid of the fact that they are one way mfers. If it is going good, they are total . If they lose, they cannot be found. ;)

Edited by robjim

First, Bringing

Us

Down,

I am no communist!

But, you will cheer for whom I tell you to.

Second,

I have not been on Coach T all year rebel rum,

and I am a graduate from Morristown West and Carson Newman.

You may think Maryville is respected in your little inner circles, just as

Steinbrenner thinks his Yankees are.

You earn no respect when you buy, transfer, trade, borrow, or steal.

One of these days you will wake up and smell the roses, but until then

I hope you have nightmares about MY BOYS FROM MO WEST, EATING VICTORY

CONE CAKES AT MTSU, TAKING CARE OF BUSINESS.

IT'S ALL DOWN HILL NOW!!!!

MO West will prevail as the dominate team in East TN for the nextfew years. They have played second fiddle to Maryville for long enough. Anybody interested in coming to the change of the guard ceremony? I think it starts tomorrow night around 7:00 PM . Don't get me wrong, Maryville has had a fantastic run over the past few seasons, but it takes more than athletes to get into the upper echilon and stay there. Team chemistry could be Maryville's demise.