Officiating at Giles county vs. Columbia

2live

I was at the game last night and at the beginning of the second quarter Columbia had six players on the floor and they came out and shot a three within three seconds after the quarter started . The refs called a technical but they also counted the three points for Columbia. The refs also treat Tyler Smith like he is Shaq every move he makes they want to call an offensive foul on him , he can't help that everybody on the other team is smaller than he is and they like to FLOP around . But anyway can somebody fill me in on the six players rule.

I was at the game last night, and saw what you saw.This was my understanding B)

You can't take points off the scoreboard.The official said he did not see 6 players on the floor until after the shoot was made by Columbia and Giles had possession of the ball. Therefore, the basket counted and a technical was given to Columbia. The time that had run off the clock, was not put back on. It was part of the game. Just a bad mental lapse by Columbia.

So what you are saying is that if a team can go with 6 players on the floor without the refs noticing and score then it is ok . If so then someone needs to look into this rule and make some changes to it . To my recollection the points were not on the scoreboard yet. The refs met with both coaches then the score was put on the board .

I am not saying I agree with the ruling. But that is what they ruled. Everybody in the stands noticed, the players noticed, and both coachs noticed. Even the scoreboard operator noticed there were six players on the floor. He was hesitant to put the points up. He didin't want to put them up after the officials told him to. I don't blame him. I was sitting right behind him. I heard a little bit of the conversation between (holt) the scorekeeper, and the refs.

I don't see how you can reward a team...mainly the coach...with a basket when they have 6 men on the floor. Whether they saw it or not. That is like saying, they might have rushed the 6th man on the floor after the ball was shot, so they should get the basket...LOL. What is wrong with the officiating in TN this year. It seems like when there is a big game, the refs usually decide the outcome if it is close. Anyway, I am done ranting and raving about something we can't do anything about...at least Giles County got the win...that is all that matters.

Every game that Giles County has played this year it seems like the refs were just crappy. They have always been the deciding factor whether we win or lose. I mean everytime Tyler got the ball they called something on them. They made the game closer than it should've been. They didn't call anywhere near as much fouls on Columbia as they did us. I just want to know where they got there reffing degrees at? B/c that school must be lame.