Law Co. H.S. vs Loretto H.S RIVALRY

SPORTZTER1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no need to get worked up over something as ridiculous as a name of a school. "Lawrence County High School" does not mean that we are better than anyone else in the county. There are many talented people from all 3 schools. The only reason why we are called Lawrence County is because we were here first. With that being said....Loretto played a great game last night. Good luck with the rest of the season! :D

Not quiet sure whut your name was, i think it might have been Cats fan or something, but i just enjoyed your comment made about loretto having more athletes but LCHS having the coaching. Since the game has already taken place and you've seen for yourself, you were wrong in all you said. Weve obviously got the better team. And in my opinion the better coach. Not so much basketball wise, but she treats her players with respect and she doesnt cuss at them night in and night out. And just to be perfectly honest with you she didnt speak a vulgar word in the the game against yall and we seemingly had no trouble kickin yalls tails all over the floor, just about as bad as we wanted to. If the Coaches will just keep smoochin each other before every game, maybe eventually it will produce a win. Doubtful, but maybe. I'd also like to apologize to those very affluent lchs vans for having to step foot into such a place as (The Barn) but us mustang fans enjoy it and we've come to realize that we dont have to have an (Arena) like Ralph Benson to win in. We can do it wherever as long as there is two goals and basketball and all 13 of our Lady Mustangs!!!!!!!!!!!!

See ya until the next time!!!

Lawrenceburg can keep the LCHS initials, if the want to. The name should just be Lawrenceburg Central High School. They do not represent the majority of Lawrence County and should not carry the county name. As for the previous post stating that it is the school to be the most proud of, I beg to differ. With the exception of a couple of girls basketball teams in the last 6 years (not this year), LCHS has never had it in any sport and never will.

As I stated in my previous post,

There is no need to get worked up over something as ridiculous as a name of a school. "Lawrence County High School" does not mean that we are better than anyone else in the county. There are many talented people from all 3 schools. The only reason why we are called Lawrence County is because we were here first. With that being said....Loretto played a great game last night. Good luck with the rest of the season!

the name, "Lawrence County High School" does not mean that we think OR are better than either Loretto or Summertown, regardless of what other people may think or say that have attended Lawrence County in the past.

They do not represent the majority of Lawrence County and should not carry the county name.

I am aware that we do not represent the the majority of the county, but we were the first high school in Lawrence County granting us the right to carry the name. So if we could, please get past the name thing...?

As for the previous post stating that it is the school to be the most proud of, I beg to differ. With the exception of a couple of girls basketball teams in the last 6 years (not this year), LCHS has never had it in any sport and never will.

What I am about to state in no way means to offend either school (or anybody for that matter).

I do believe that our lack of "having it" is merely an opinion. Since I have attended Lawrence County, we have beaten Loretto twice every year up until this year. I know that the whole AA & AAA things comes into play, but in a way I am kind of glad that we were beaten by Loretto. I think that it did a few ego checks for some people. Loretto does have a great women's basketball team this year. As for Summertown, they do have a tremendous team (especially for an A school with so many younger people), but we do not play them at all in women's basketball (or men's for that matter), so until you actually know for yourselves (as in play against each other to see who is better), I (along with many other people) do not believe that you have any grounds to make such remarks about Lawrence County's basketball teams. As I stated before, I do agree that both schools have a wonderful women's basketball team & our's...well...kinda stink this year.

As for our coaches, I do not take responsiblity for either of their actions or their words.

I hope that this may have cleared up a few things. Good luck to both of you. I hope that one of the 3 schools in Lawrence County makes it to state. Regardless of what school I am from, I will be there to support either team when they do make it. Good Luck! :lol: