Cleveland Duals

sammyben

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll tell you who I know about: Cleveland, Bradley, Collins Hill (Ga.), Christian Brothers, Franklin, Ringgold, Lassiter (Ga.) and Dobbyns Bennett.

I hope everyone will come out and cheer for and watch Kyle Maynard. He is an outstanding wrestler and kid. There are some posts about him already on this board, but Kyle is the 103 pounder that was born without arms or legs. So far this year he is 7 and 1.

I've seen allot of wrestlers in my time, but everytime Kyle wrestles I get a lump in my throat. He is amazing. Please, come see Kyle and bring your kids because Kyle proves that no matter what the odds are if you want something enough all obstacles can be overcome.

Edited by RMC

The CBHS-Bradley dual should have 4 interesting matches to watch.

112-Tinsley(BC) v. Baucke(CBHS)---Baucke could be the surprise of the West. He

is only a freshman, but he has beat some good competition including

Hammonds of Collierville who is ranked 6th in one pole for D1.

160-Gibson(BC) v. N. Marable (CBHS)---Gibson is the obvious favorite, but it will

still be a fun match to watch for wrestling fans.

171-Blackmon(BC) v. Simpson(CBHS)---The #1s from both divisions--how can

you beat that? I give the edge to Blackmon.

189-Cooper(BC) v. M. Marable(CBHS)---Again, #2 from D1 against #1 from D2.

This one has to go to Mike. Cooper has been sick, and Mike had an

impressive win against Block from Clarksville (Matman's #4) at the Kenwood

Tournament.

Okay, so the brothers probably won't pull off the upset in this one, but there will be some great wrestling matches in this dual. Any other big matches to watch for?

The question I'd like someone to answer is why would Bradley and Collins Hill be put in the same pool. If my memory is correct these two schools have met the last two years in the finals with Bradley winning both. If this tournament was to be seeded my opinion is that Bradley and Collins Hill would be the top two seeds. I'm sure that one concern would be to seperate Lassiter and Collins Hill but that could have been accomplished by switching those two schools. Is there any other reasons why the pools are set up this way? RMC whats your thoughts on this topic?

Sky, I can understand the seeding because we aren't as strong as we have been in past years; so I'm sure that was taken into consideration. We only have 5 returning starters, and one of those is out because of knee surgery. Heck our 103 pounder doesn't even have any arms or legs!

On the good side, we are guaranteed of wrestling Bradley which is always the yardstick for us to be measured by. The goal is to get better by wrestling the best and our bracket looks pretty tough. We'll just have to see what happens.

I can't wait to come up. It's always nice to be back near home and around the outstanding wrestling the Chattanooga area offers.

Edited by RMC

Interesting and ironic that a person would speak of safety as he himself sits behind his computer, safe from any responsibility for his words.  "Logsdon", as you refer to me, stands behind his views.  You interested?  Of course you're not.

Coach Logsdon, BCHS

Coach Logsdon, as a matter fact, I, and I think a lot of wrestling fans, are interested in your views about not wrestling quality private school teams. Selfishly, I enjoy watching great wrestling. What difference does it make who asks the question? Would your answer be different?

Based on your outstanding reputation as a coach, I'd think you'd want your guys to wrestle the best competition available. I'd think they would want to.

Edited by realsoccer

RMC,

Just a minute. Let me get the hook out of my mouth! C'mon, you guys are as tough as nails and we know it. You beat McEachern, and you beat McCallie who we know are tough themselves. We have a lot of respect for what Coach Ramos and his crew bring to the duals each year and we look forward to a good, tough dual as always.

See you Saturday,

Coach Logsdon

Sky, I can understand the seeding because we aren't as strong as we have been in past years; so I'm sure that was taken into consideration. We only have 5 returning starters, and one of those is out because of knee surgery. Heck our 103 pounder doesn't even have any arms or legs!

On the good side, we are guaranteed of wrestling Bradley which is always the yardstick for us to be measured by. The goal is to get better by wrestling the best and our bracket looks pretty tough. We'll just have to see what happens.

I can't wait to come up. It's always nice to be back near home and around the outstanding wrestling the Chattanooga area offers.

Nice try RMC, You guys appear to be as strong as ever. Aren't you guys undeafed so far and didn't you just win the Walton Duals with McEachern and McCallie in it? That in itself tells me that your team is more than capable winning the Cleveland Duals. Oh well, it looks like the pool match between Bradley and Collins Hill may just overshadow the finals. Thats my opinion anyway.