Best Coach in East Tenn

redupset

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have not re-read every post, I do not recall anyone disputing the fact that Coach Logsden is a great coach in a great program. He obviously is a tremendous coach and motivator.

And how can we leave Gordon Connell out-another great coach from the Chattanooga/Cleveland area.

Edited by Chattcity

Jim Morgan And Schack Van Duessen would definatly get my vote. They always seem to have a great squad of kids, and you never see their kids act out. This to me is another part of the equation that makes a great coach. In my opinion some of the coaches listed on this forum lack in this department. It is also to my knowledge that Schack won the national coach of the year a few years ago. way to go schack.

This is unreal...There are great coaches everywhere & I'm sure whoever started this post had no clue that it was going to turn into a thread to BASH coaches instead of build them up! Seriously, stuff like this tears the sport apart, where I come from we are taught to befriend the people that do the sport we do. Not too many people can wake up in the morning, cut weight all day, just to make weight for a tourney a week away. NO SPORT COMPARES TO THIS SPORT...But on another note, no matter what coach it is, I will respect them more if they can get on the mat and do what their wrestlers are doing everyday in practice. That's when you know you have a good coach, is when they can get out there and run with them and wrestle with them, not just bark commands in their headgear for 2 hours...Just a thought, take it for what it's worth...Keep Wrestling!

Toughest 6 minutes on EARTH !

i agree with toughest6 on his views......motivation is the key ..... nothing is more movivating than seeing a coach do everything the way he harps at a wrestler about doing and also teaching it with intensity. sumwhere in the middle of all this someone should show some humility and let the best coach show by his credentials and what his teams have done and not what the parents and friends of wrestlers of each school think and run they're mouthes on here about. because in reality all that matters with this subject is that a wrestler is mentally and physically prepared the best by they're coach when february rolls around.

Although I have not re-read every post, I do not recall anyone disputing the fact that Coach Logsden is a great coach in a great program. He obviously is a tremendous coach and motivator.

Chattcity,

Maybe I misunderstood your comment, but when you throw out a compliment and then say the difference is that someone is not affraid, the inference is that the other person is affaird. I.E. coach Henry is not affraid, so coach Logsdon is affraid. If that is not what you meant then fine. But on one hand to say you a great coach and motivator, and on the other hand infer that same coach is affraid.

Did I misread your meaning? If so, I apologize for bringing up your posts that seem in conflict to me.

Coach Logsdon has our vote! Along with having a winning team he has helped several wrestlers to build character, and mature into wonderful men. His wrestlers love and respect him. There are several young men who are better people for having known him. Coach Logsdon, Thanks for all the years you have devoted to Bradley.

Edited by LovinIt

Coach Logsdon can be compared to any coach in the sport, and the major college coachs across the country seem to confirm this. Just think what coach Logsdon's record would look like if he were out recruiting wrestlers like the DII schools are allowed to do. On second thought, I guess Coach Logsdon has made it pretty clear that starting youngsters at an early age with coaches that teach wrestling is the right way to build and maintain a "Powerhouse" year after year after year.

Thank you Coach Logsdon for your years of dedication to Bradley and the sport. I'm confident that Coach Laxton will do his best to fill your shoes and hopefully he will get the continued support from the community and fans that you have enjoyed over the years. (Although, I'm sure we will continue to see alot of the Logsdon/Laxton winning combination for years to come! As far as I know you are not moving are you?)

Let's win another State Title before you take to the couch!!