David Wolke

alan

Guest region4fan

I agree that he did nothing too spectacular this year.He was saved by a team effort and a great fullback and tailback. His best season was probably his soph. one.

There is a lot more to his trouble that he is in. He simply cannot seem to let go of his ex. Notre dame visited this week if the DNJ is accurate. Word is that he is infatuated with Tennesee, but they aren't interested.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Region you are right about a lot of thngs but you are so far off on Wolke It makes me think your sources are setting you up!

Wolke's stock for what ever reason have gone way up he has real offers from several division 1 schools and is being recruited heavily by Notre Dame,Wake Forest and Wisconsin. He has no plans or intentions about UT they made it clear they are not recruiting him and let him know as far back as summer camp.

As for his court case I have already addressed this earlier in this post. It has not had any effect on his recruiting period. The schools that wanted him still want him and the ones that didn't were not recruiting him regardless of the charges.

I have personally seen him sitting at a recent basketball game and the girl in question came and set in front of him and they talked like normal kids do. I know

the situation here very well and whatever happened last summer is in the past and while it was stupid and immature on his part ,let he who is whitout sin cast the first stone.

If you remeber one of my first post I ask do you know the answer to question #6 if that is yes then go ahead and cast sones and accept my humble apology :angry:

Guest region4fan

Hey Cat...how's the new grandbaby? I am thrilled to see that you are a Plus Member. I was hoping you would get one so we could continue our debates during the offseason.

I am getting info about this from both a teacher from SHS, a coach from SHS, and a girls' basketball parent who knows the situation well. Apparently the girl likes being "stalked", but the parent, especially the mother, is afraid of the situation.

I appreciate your take on the situation though. As to your question #6, obviously I do not know that answer. If I did I would have won the Pick em contest! HAHA

About the UT thing. It was even listed in the DNJ last week that UT was supposedly interested in Wolke. It was from a coach that I was told that Wolke wants to go there very badly, but they don't want him.

region 4 the grand baby is doing great its hard to believe a man as young as me could already have a grandchild! Maybe it will mellow me but I doubt it! As you know I love a good argument with a little sarcasm thrown in for good measure.

Have a great christmas and I look forward to some more heated discussions in the future.

chs 4 life

You got any cash you want to put on that? If you are so sure let me know how much and you have a bet!

*I will tell you he has 2 division one offers on the table as we speak so I am trying to set up a sucker bet. But if you want in on it name the amount!

Going to a school and playing are 2 different stories. He needs to go to DII so he can play. Better than scout team for 4 years. Does not have speed for DI, sorry just telling the way I see it after seeing him play. I've been involved with college sports for a few years now and that's the way I feel.

Guest region4fan

Hey Cat...........Merry Christmas to you and your family! I hope you have a safe one as well. My best to you and yours!

I saw that the Tennessean will list its ALL RUTHERFORD Football team in Subnday's paper. I can't wait to see it. I am wondering if it will be like the DNJ's ALL COUNTY one, or if it will not be predominantly Riverdale.

chs you posted he will go division 2 a best you never said anything about playing time. He will be no different than every other QB recruited if he can play he will.

I have seen a lot of high school football players and QB'S over the last 30 years or so Is he the best------------------------------------------no several I have seen were better overall , however as far as pure passing skills and arm strength he is right up there at the top. As I have said before it will come down to can he get to a college with a good QB coach and get into a system that suites him?

The best high school QB I have ever seen was Bill Whittemore at Brentwood.

He was the most accurate thrower and read defenses like a pro.

The most underated Lance Phillips for Brentwood Academy won 2 state titles and went undefeated the last 2 years. Plus I have know him since he was 8 or 9 so I may be biased. He is now a youth minister and has matured into a great young man

The most underated in college Wes Counts (Region 4 can take it fom here on him)

2 of the best high school QB'S I have seen play in person while in high school

Robert Fraley - Franklin County Played at Alabama and may be remembered more recently for being in the plane that crashed with Payne Stewart he was an extremely successful agent

Whit Taylor - Shelbyville played for Vanderbilt and was the last Vandy QB to beat UT. Was a winner even in high school

No one will know who these players are but Mike and Rick Lanning both played at Lawrence County High School were great QB'S. Mike claim to fame now is he has 2 daughters that play basketball at Riverdale they come from a very athletic family.

Well enough rambling its time to go out for one last day and get into the crowds at the mall. I justed wanted to make the point I have seen a lot of QB'S over the years so I have some basis for my opinions.

Guest region4fan

Cat, again we have agreed on many issues! I have always said that Bill Whiitemore from Brentwood was the best high school QB that I have ever seen. I couldn't believe the plays that kid could make. it was almost as if hewanted a defensive man to close in on him.....then he fired off a passa sthey were closing in. you would think there is no way....then it was Touchdown!!That Davenport kid that was their leading receiver was phenomenal too. I heard that Whittemore saved a bowl game just the other day. i forgpt who he played for , but as usual he saved the day. He was one that should have gone DI if he hadn't had such poor grades. i believe at one time he was even in the alternative school. What a turnaround!

I also think that Wes was truly underrated. The kid is just top-notch all the way. Many Oakland folk think that Robbie Knight was the man , but in my opinion, no one holds a candle to Wes. Talk about calm under pressure............

I do not know the Lanning fellow that you referred to, but I do know of the athleticism of the daughters at Riverdale. I wonder if they are related to that great QB named Lanning from Lebanon .............can't remember his first name, but do remember that comeback in the fourth quarter that sealed our doom in the region .

The QB from Sevier County that beat us in the semi's in 99 was also quite a piece of work. What accuracy!! I can't remeber his name either. I have tried to shut him out of my memory.

Congrats to Chris Smith from Oakland for snagging another All-State Honor in today's DNJ WOW!!