State Title Announcers

Guest NineInchNails

I thought Frank Wycheck, was the high point. I greatly enjoyed the great TV coverage but agree the guys calling the games were clueless.

I would like to see the competing team’s home announcers make the trip and work the games together with a guy like Bob Kesling from the vol network. The kids give their best the broadcasters should to. The camera work was great.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Chip and WesVols together?  Actually, I think they would do a good job.

He does a great job, and it'd be fun to join him in the booth sometime. Look for that to happen on a smaller scale at some point in the next couple years...we work together here at UT and almost teamed up to do the CoachT games this year, but I had some conflicts. His color guy, Billy, did a great job.

Edited by WesVols

He does a great job, and it'd be fun to join him in the booth sometime. Look for that to happen on a smaller scale at some point in the next couple years...we work together here at UT and almost teamed up to do the CoachT games this year, but I had some conflicts. His color guy, Billy, did a great job.

I look forward to that happening!

I thought this was funny. They showed Covington head coach Jake Lineville talking to his team right before kick off. He was wearing a "boggin" and a grey sweatshirt. The camera guys followed Jakes assistant coach during the entire game and the narrators called him coach Linville. There was no comparison. He had on a brightly colored ski jacket and a cap. I kept saying, "DUH" every time he said it, I expected the behind the producers to notice but they never did. It was great coverage except for the play by play.

Yeah i remember during the West game QB John Minnich took 1 step to the side while Matt Rice was in the shotgun position and the announcers said Minnich flanked out to reciever. Oh yeah, The Trojans had a safe punt on one time( the defense stays on the field to preent any fakes- you all know that) but the guys kept talkin about how Brandon Fanney was tellin matt rice to fair catch the ball, since the Trojans were "Bringin everyone on this one". No one really blocks on our safe call and even after the play they kept sayin oooh yeah better fair catch it when all your help is tryin to block the punt. Incorrect names were the worst, They called out a 3rd team player and also a player who quit before the playoffs.