Riverdale vs Oakland (battle of the boro)

hs sports fan

Yes, expect Riverdale to play its football players to play and Chris Perkins will likely be in the starting lineup at tip off. Should be a great matchup! You can expect a great game in the boro tuesday night. I will definitely be there. I expect Lyons to have a big game tomorrow night b/c he has not played well in the last couple of games. Coach Burks will have the Tribe ready.

Good Luck

Riverdale is playing very well right now. The addition of Miller and Perkins can only help. The surprise for Riverdale is this kid Lavender's shooting. He hit five 3's against Warren County the other night and has been consistent throughout. Who will the starters be when the football players get up to speed? I see them as Lyons, Onwu, Lavender, Miller, and Perkins. With the experience the others (#3, 21, 22) have had, they should be very formidable. This is the best coached Riverdale team I have ever seen. I do not see them losing to anyone except possibly Blackman or Lebanon. This is a team with potential for a run at state.

This won't take Lebanon out of the picture just because they lost to Oakland. Whoever wins this district will have at least two district losses. The only team with a chance to lose less is Riverdale, but I think they will have a couple of off nights. Lebanon is probably one of the only teams that can matchup with Riverdale's speed and depth. I'm looking forward to that game between Lebanon and Riverdale.

I saw the Riverdale-Oakland game last night and was very disappointed. If these are two of the premier teams in 7AAA, then the district has fallen on hard times. Oakland was undisciplined and had difficulty running a play. They did not look at all like the Coach King teams of old. LeBrian had 8 points, fouled out midway in the fourth quarter and was never much of a threat. Maybe Riverdale will get better when the football players are in the flow of the game.

The crowd was a great disappointment also. What happened to the Oakland - Riverdale rivalry and a full gym?

Ok Anon-a-mous 3 foward, I dont know what you are talkin but Gaston is not garbage and is very much so a threat on the court, if you dont think so that is ok but just try to guard and when you get your ankles snapped you will think otherwise. I thought Riverdale played a very good game considering the football players didnt know any plays and i thought the team chemistry would not have been as good as it was. The more the team plays together and bonds the better they will become. This years team is very different from passed Riverdale teams, this year they have fire in there eyes and are not a team to be reconed with. Last nights score was somewhat decieving because they really beat Oakland worse than what the score showed. Fridays matchup should be a great one between Riverdale and Blackman. They are tie at the top of the standings at 2-0 and whoever wins this game will be all alone at the top. Blackman at Riverdale Friday night..........BATTLE OF THE BORO Part 2