AC vs Carter

The Mav

AC plays Carter tomorrow night (12/9) and I was wondering how Carter had been doing thus far with their new coach? What can we expect?

AC will try to control the tempo of the game, and be balanced with drive penetration, kick outs for open 3's, back door cuts, and patience on offense. Coach E's boys will also play aggresive tough D. Should be a good one.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went and watched Carter play, and I wanted to see Mitch, and right now the team is learning alot of things. they are learning a new system, along with learning basic skills that should of been taught a long time ago. Carter has tons of athletic ability, but turnovers have been their worst nightmare. I look for it to be a good game, and I hope Carter can pull off the upset, but we will just have to see.

I honestly think we will be ok if we come to play. We have yet to come together as a complete squad, and Tomorrow night will be a great time to do so. The seniors need to set the tone of the game early, Because the younger guys follow the leaders of the team. So I believe we will be just fine if we come together and play the way we are supposed to play.

AC better bring the six shooters loaded.

Havent hit consistently from the floor yet and if we cant keep Carter off the boards it will be a long night.

On film, Carter has been running mostly man and that will be interesting against the AC motion. I feel like there will be a lot of open looks, but we'll see. It may go to who can play better D and rebounding.

Can Humphrey, Harrie, Jones hold off the big boys inside?

Can Chanoitt, Lowery, Rash, Mott hit the open looks and get to the rim on penetration?

It should be a good one as another feeler game for the other region.

Final score AC 65 Carter 59.

This was a tightly played contest all the way. The difference was a couple of stretches mid way thru the 3rd and 4th quarters when AC's press caused some turn overs.

For Carter, I loved the Coates kid. He uses his big body well, and is a very quick jumper. Plays much bigger than his height and I know had 15 points at half time. The Hornets needed to get him the ball more in the second half and make more free throws. Wally Lowery had a good game for the Mav's, but I think both teams will need to keep improving to be a threat in the region.